Another month has passed and it's time to report on my progess towards my 2009 SMART goals.
1. To weigh less than 300 pounds by 1/1/2010. I weighed 337.7 on 1/1/09 and was at 343.1 at last weeks weigh-in. So now I am down to 8 months to achieve what I thought would take a year to achieve. It's still doable at just over 5 pounds/month. My eating is slowly coming back under control. Now I need to work on that exercise. Staying up to late continues to be my problem as early mornings are best for me to workout. I am committing to going to bed by 10PM most days for the month of May to help in my exercise efforts. I'll let you know how I did next month!. Also, am considering purchasing a treadmill for my house. Whatever I can do to make exercise as convenient as possible!
2. To have my entire house decluttered and organized by 1/1/2010. My goal has been to spend 1 hour per week working on this task. I have not really stuck to my 1 hour per week rule, but I did finally spend some time this month tackling my home office, which along with my garage is by far the biggest task I have in this endeavor. So I feel like I am making some progress. My plan is to have my home office organized by my next monthly report.
3. To complete at least 12 more hours towards my MBA by 1/1/2010. No change with this one. I am currently taking 6 hours so I will be halfway to my goal by the end of the spring semester. I am registered for 3 hours (or maybe 7 if I can get the additional class I want) during the summer session starting mid-May and I will be registering for 6 hours for the fall. If I stick to that plan, I should finish the year ahead for this goal.
Dumping Amazon and living a more deliberate life
10 months ago


6 comments:
It's good to have those goals written down, isn't it? It helps cement them in your mind and you start feeling less overwhelmed. You can totally do this. Good luck!
You can do this! Good luck!
5 lbs per month is very doable, and I know you'll see that "2" on the scale by the end of the year. It's a *great* idea to get a treadmill for your house . . . how nice to be able to exercise in the comfort & privacy of your own place while watching a movie (or if you rig up a "treadmill desk" you could even surf the net). I would LOVE to do this, but unfortunately my apartment just doesn't have the space for it :(
Nice job getting started on organizing your home office . . . I also resolved to declutter this year, but I have gotten almost nothing done. As always, thanks for reminding me that I need to get moving on this.
Great work on the MBA :)
I like the one hour towards organizing goal. Every weekend I'm like "I'm going to clean out the downstairs!" and instead just waste time.
You can do your goals!
You have such realistic goals :) I told my hubby last night I would love to lose 30 lbs by July 4th! Why do I set myself up like that? I am growing tired of not making progress so I'm tweaking again...we'll see!
I think the treadmill is a great idea. It makes exercise possible year round in the comfort and privacy of your own home. Get some great tunes going and you'll be addicted in no time. I bet it will really help you .......in fact.......I bet even if you didn't change your eating.....if you just got on that treadmill every day for 30 min.....you would see a 5 lb loss or MORE each month.
Let us know ;)
Good luck with your goals! I KNOW you can do it!
Getting a treadmill is a great idea. Do whatever it takes to make exercise convenient for you!
One of my goals is to get under 300 by the end of the year, too. I have about 67 pounds to go. So... once again... you are not alone! hehe I know we can do this! :)
Post a Comment