5/19/09 8:00PM
Goal: 1 hour walk on treadmill
Achieved: 1 hour (that's right...I said 1 hour....woohoo)
Distance: 2.28 miles
Pace: 2.28mph
Avg heart rate: 136
Physical: My pace ranged from 2.1 to 3.0. I actually maintained 3.0 mph for 5 minutes. Sweating and breathing hard (good). Still struggling with my back (bad). Spent lots of time leaning on the handrails. Jillian Michaels would SO have been screaming at me.
Emotional: I had forgotten how much I actually love to do a good cardio workout. As I sweated and breathed I remembered the days when I was in shape and would do my daily 45 min - 1 hour on the elliptical. It felt good - then and now. The endorphins rush and when I am doing cardio on machine I love to challenge myself in different ways. I am looking forward to doing that with my treadmill. (For example, next time I want to make it to 6 minutes at 3.0 mph.) I realized that my own weight is holding me back from achieving the true euphoria I used to feel. But the positive of that is I can remember the euphoria again and am motivated to get some pounds off so I can experience it pain-free again.
Dumping Amazon and living a more deliberate life
10 months ago


5 comments:
That is fantastic progress, Deb - yay for you for getting a full hour in at a pretty good clip!
It's great that your positive feelings about working out are coming back, and your plan to challenge yourself to do a little more each day is terrific.
Your post inspires me to get out of my cardio rut - I do the same things day after day and I'm not pushing myself hard enough to get that rush. I'm going to follow your lead and increase my speed on the treadmill a few minutes at a time, and I'm going to add the reservoir track to some of my park walks and at least try some short running intervals.
I'm loling at the idea of Jillian yelling at you for leaning on the handrails...I do that quite often when I'm on the stepper. But hey - at least we're moving!
You doing an hour on the treadmill is freaking awesome!!!
Motivation is the thing, isn't it? I just joined a gym this week, and I'm going to be working on keeping that motivation high.
You on the treadmill for an hour is a wonderful thing - I'm going to be thinking of you when I'm on it!
You're right - the body remembers! I'm so pleased that you're finding your groove again. My weight is definitely affecting my speed, but it's worth it knowing that as the weight drops, the speed will increase.
Way to go on the exercise. YAY. And I SO think of Jillian all the time I'm on the treadmill holding on (for some reason I'm afraid of falling - go figure). :)
Post a Comment