Tuesday, May 26, 2009

What's Cooking? - Black and White Angel Food Cake

I went to a cookout yesterday afternoon where it was my job to bring a dessert. I used to love to cook and bake things back when I had more time so I decided to break out my Cooking Light cookbooks and see what I could find. I ended up making this Black and White Angel Food Cake (although, as you can see, it ended up being more of a Brown and Slightly-Less-Brown Angel Food Cake). That said, it looked pretty good when it was finished and it tasted great too.




I need to spend more time in the kitchen. I enjoy it and it's so much tastier to eat freshly prepared food. I don't have tons of time during the week so I think I am going to aim for spending some time on Sundays experimenting with new recipes.

4 comments:

Tricia said...

That looks great! I always have aspirations to bake, but everything always comes out a mess. I guess those skills just never came to me.

Anonymous said...

I love cooking too and sadly have no time. Your cake looks yummy!

Ria said...

Your cake looks beautiful - angel food cake was my mother's favorite, and it always reminds me of her :)

I'm looking forward to hearing more about your Sunday cooking adventures!

Lyn said...

I looove angel food cake with light whipped cream and fresh strawberries. Makes a nice light dessert for a potluck! Never throught to make it black and white... sounds good!