5/24/09 12:30PM
Goal: 1 hour walk on treadmill
Achieved: 1 hour
Distance: 2.04 miles
Average Pace: 2.04mph
Avg heart rate: 126
Physical: During the first 30 minutes my pace ranged from 2.2 to 2.6 but that was causing the lactic acid again. Remembering that distance is more important that speed, I slowed it down to 1.8 to 2.2 in the 2nd 30 minutes. Next time I am going to start at the slower pace to give myself more time to warm up. Getting off the treadmill I am like an 80 year old woman.
Emotional: Still feeling scared I won't be able to achieve my goal of walking in the Breast Cancer 3 Day walk. But am trying to push that to the back of my mind and just do what I need to do each day. I know this will start getting easier, especially as my weight starts dropping.
Dumping Amazon and living a more deliberate life
10 months ago


4 comments:
Hey! Thanks for stopping by. I'm so impressed that you are going to tackle the Three Day! I've always wanted to do that. Walking, imho, is the best way to lose weight. When I first started out at 345 I couldn't go very far, but you'll be surprised at how quick you will be able to improve on that. Love your treadmill but do you ever walk outside? I imagine Texas must get pretty hot, but I really enjoyed walking outdoors. It's a great way of pushing yourself, only walk as far as you think you can make it back, and then go a little further each time.
Keep on keeping on... the only way to get to any goal is o keep working at it in the now. Every little bit helps!
Losing weight and exercising consistently really is a magic combo for fast progress - your legs, heart etc are getting stronger and more fit at the same time that their job is getting easier/lighter!
Hi. I'm just starting my weight loss journey. I was surfing blogs to find people with the same struggles & found you. I look forward to reading your blog on a regular basis.
On a side note; if you're having issues with lactic acid, take alfalfa in pill form. It does wonders to control it!
definitely push the fear and worry to the back of your mind as you are WORKING TO GET WHERE YOU NEED TO BE.
I blather too much about attracting what we think about---but I entirely believe it.
create an I CAN DO THIS I AM DOING THIS mantra and try chanting that in your head when fretting tries to take over!
Miz.
Post a Comment