Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Visions of Loveliness

You know that old diet advice that tells you to picture yourself thin, to imagine yourself wearing beautiful clothes and looking your best? Well, I could never do that. I am an accountant. Imagination isn't my strong suit.

But today...today I caught myself smiling as I caught a glimpse of the future me in my mind's eye. And I looked pretty damned hot.

10 comments:

Hotch Potchery said...

I am an accountant too!

I bought my first EVA shirt at a sporting goods store today to wear while running. For me too, today, was the first time that I really, really actually thought I might make it this time.

Anonymous said...

The thing that I found that helped a lot was getting rid of my fat(ter) clothes as I lose weight. When I started a I was a size 28. Now, 50 lbs later, I am a size 20-22. I didn't keep the old clothes, even my favorites, because I am NEVER going back. You will make it! I have no doubts.

Natasha said...

I visualize a lot. I use it to break help me push through exercising when I think I'm going to give up. It's great to see that you can start to see your future self.

Hanlie said...

You really remind me of myself!

Miz said...

I so believe in the visualizing.
In all things (*glances at her overflowing Vision Board*).
yep.
always.

Elle of meandmybelly.com said...

I love this post! I'm compiling pictures of the type of body I want to have for inspiration. We can do this! :)

Gigi said...

Acoountants not creative? I beg to differ - just ask the IRS. Anyway, I think you're doing great and can really do this.

Ria said...

What a positive thing - being able to visualize the future you is a big step toward making it reality! I've never been great at visualizing either, but I'm definitely going to give it a try.

new*me said...

That's the way to get there!!

Chubby Chick said...

I can't wait until I am a vision of loveliness. I'm sick and tired of being a vision of pudginess. lol

Seriously... I can't wait to wear pretty clothes and feel good in the clothes I am wearing! I wear sweats and t-shirts most of the time... and I am sick of it! I want to be the hot mama who wears sexy lingerie and pretty, feminine clothing on a daily basis, ya know?