Friday, April 3, 2009

SMART Goals: 3rd Monthly Update

I am late giving my monthly update of my 2009 SMART goals. That can only mean one thing...I haven't done so well for March. Here's the latest on the SMART goals:

1. To weigh less than 300 pounds by 1/1/2010. I weighed 337.7 on 1/1/09 and right now I am weighing around 345. Just like last month, I am moving in the wrong direction. Same reasons (excuses) for March as for February - too many working hours. April will be busy with the end of the first quarter but I can't let this trend continue for another month. So in order to stay on track with the food while I am so busy, I have decided to do a local healthy prepared meal plan for April (Diet Gourmet). The fact is I will not find the time to plan meals, grocery shop, and prepare healthy meals during April. Work will be busy, plus I am wrapping up the semester at school and will have 3 exams to take and one 30 page paper to get written by the end of April. Yes, it's a little costly and, no, I don't want to rely on prepared meals forever, but I am finally coming to the realization that I am NOT Superwoman and that I need to give myself help when I need it. And I will need it this month.

2. To have my entire house decluttered and organized by 1/1/2010. My goal has been to spend 1 hour per week working on this task. This did not happen again in March although I am on vacation this week and plan to tackle the scary, paper-filled closet in my home office today. There is a lot to do in there and I will get as much done today as I can. Since I am not doing so well on my original plan of "1 hour of organizing per week". I feel like I need to be more specific with this goal in terms of when I am going to get this hour in. Mondays-Wednesdays I am busy after work with class and with my water aerobics class (if they ever get the pool heater fixed) so I am going to do 15 minute of organizing each day Thursday through Sunday.

3. To complete at least 12 more hours towards my MBA by 1/1/2010. This is the only goal I am progressing well on. I am currently taking 6 hours so I will be halfway to my goal by the end of the spring semester. I am registered for 3 hours during the summer session starting mid-May and I will be registering for 6 hours for the fall. If I stick to that plan, I should finish the year ahead for this goal.

3 comments:

Liza said...

Those are some pretty big goals! Good luck on them all. I also have a really hard time with the food planning thing...part of why I am where I am too!!

new*me said...

wishing you luck on the goals! That's a lot to accomplish but I know you will do it in your time ;)

Ria said...

What a great idea to have ordered the meals from Diet Gourmet!

Your monthly updates remind me that I also set out to declutter my apartment this year . . . but I have made very, very little progress.

Congratulations on chugging right along on your MBA.