Sunday, April 12, 2009

Exercise Log #6

4/12/09 1:45PM
Goal: 30 minute Biggest Loser Bootcamp DVD
Achieved: 20 minutes
Physical: My lower back was killing me after about 5 minutes. Just too much weight on this body of mine.
Emotional: I felt very negative throughout the workout because it was so painful. I kept trying to change my mind set to “I can” from the “I can’t” but eventually I gave in and gave up. On one hand I was disappointed I gave up on finishing, on the other I am glad I did at least some exercise today because I didn’t originally plan to.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi..
New reader here..But wanted to congratulate you and your big accomplishment..20 minutes for that DVD is a big accomplishment. You always know that you can slow down the pace if need be or do the workout from your chair. When I was at a heavier weight I would do regular workout dvds from my chair until I lost some weight and gained some strength..

I'm proud of you for making it as far as you did..Tomorrow will be farther..Just wait and see!

Natasha said...

Hey Deb!

I have to agree with Ang. You completed 20 min! That's great. If you're not conditioned for it you're not going to be able to 30 min regardless of your size. I have a friend who is 150 pounds and she couldn't run the 5km run that my 200-pound friend did. It's just about conditioning and practice. Like Ang, I modify a lot of the moves if I can't do them until I can.

Keep at it. It can only get better. :)

Hotch Potchery said...

20 minutes is 20 minutes more than 0 minutes. You are SO hard on yourself, you are doing great!

kristisummer said...

20 minutes is great. anything is better than nothing. try to focus on the positive. you are moving in the right direction and that is what matters.

Natalia said...

I believe that something is better than nothing. Taking into consideration that you didn't plan on doing any exercise, 20 minutes is great! Heck, even if you planned to do exercise 20 minutes is great! :)

mak'n Changes said...

Hi there! Congrats on your weight loss. Just think, if u keep exercising like you do, in one month you will look back and gasp at the changes you've made. You go girl!
Cindie