Sunday, April 26, 2009

Weigh in: 1.6 lost, 178.1 to go


Well, I am inching my way there. Another small loss but it was enough to push me past my first 5 pound goal. Woohoo! I have decided to start a charm bracelet and reward myself with a new charm for every 5 pounds. By the time I am done, I will probably end up with TWO charm bracelets.


I am happy that my weight is going down. I'd like it to be going down a little bit faster than it is. To do that, I need to get back into the exercise habit. I have done basically no exercise for two weeks. That's not good for my weight loss and that's not good for my plan to walk in the Breast Cancer 3 Day in November.


So this week I need to make it my focus to get at least 4 days of exercise in. And in order to do that, I need to be getting enough sleep. Mornings before work are really the only time I consistenly have to do my exercise and I just can't drag myself out of bed at 5AM when I am staying up too late. So my plan for this week is to start winding down at 9PM each night and to be in bed by 9:30, 10 at the latest. This is the schedule I used to keep back when I exercised every single morning before work and back when I weighed 195. Coincidence? I don't think so.


OK, so it's a new 5 pound goal starting this week. Let's see how big a dent I can put in it!

9 comments:

Shelley said...

Congratulations on reaching your first 5 pounds!!! You are on a roll!

Be sure and post a picture of your charm (LOVE that idea, btw!)

Anonymous said...

I love the way you take a picture of the scales. That is a great idea! No cheating that way. I have no doubt you will keep reaching those goals! Thanks for sharing and inspiring the rest of us.

Natasha said...

1.6 is not a small loss at all! That's a great achievement. Sometimes, I'll carry around something that weighs the same as what I've lost to remind myself how significant the weight loss it. I have a 1.5 pound bag of sugar that works great. I hold it above my head until my arms get tired. It's a physical reminder that anything down is less than I'm carrying around now.

I LOVE your idea of the charm bracelet. Please post pictures of it as you fill it up. That's such a great way to be inspired and reminded at the same time!

Anonymous said...

YES! Way to go on reaching that first 5 pound goal! So aweseome!
Bethany

Hotch Potchery said...

What a great loss! Be happy with a slower pace, that means you are likely doing stuff that you can sustain for LIFE.

I did NOT have a good week, and looks like next week is going to have to be a do-over for me.

T.L. said...

Way to go in knocking out that 5-pound goal. Now onto the next one!

Gigi said...

Nice going on the weight loss. Good luck with the new work out schedule - getting it done first thing will be great.

Ria said...

Congratulations on reaching your first 5 lb goal! I love the scale pictures and the charm bracelet idea, and I bet you'll put a nice dent in that 2nd goal this week.

Exercise is really key for me too, and I'm struggling with both that and my eating plan at the moment. I'm going to make a major effort to get back on track this week - here's to healthy eating, lots of exercise and nice losses next Sunday.

Fatinah said...

congrats on another stunning loss!