Monday, April 6, 2009

Continuing to Get My Priorities In Order

As part of my effort to make my health and weightloss my #1 priority, I have bumped my "Magic Numbers" up higher on my side bar. They had gotten buried pretty far down there and I had pretty much forgotten all about them. Kinda defeats the purpose of having them if they aren't within easy eyeshot to be a reminder of what you are aiming for.

I also added a second weight ticker so I can focus not only on the big picture, but also on losing just 5 pounds at a time. Cuz I gots to tell ya...looking at that ticker with 180+ pounds to go on it is downright discouraging.


I needed to do this because I had really lost sight of what my near-term goals were. And it's hard to achieve your goals if you aren't really focused on what they are.

So for now my short-term goal is going to be to lose 5 pounds. My mid-term goal is to get to 324 which would put me at 25 pounds down. I can do this.

11 comments:

Shelley said...

I like the baby steps ticker. Like you, I had a ton of weight to lose and just facing that number was so discouraging. But hey...nearly 10 months later, I'm down 75 pounds, so it can happen. Of course, I still have a ways to go...baby steps.

Anonymous said...

Looking at the smaller goals you've accomplished helps to keep you on track. Yes, you CAN do it!

Lisa said...

not only CAN you do this..but if you look at that tracker you ARE doing it!

xo

WWSuzi said...

Yep small do-able steps are the way to go :)

kaseybobasey said...

I love the idea of the 5 lb weight loss ticker...that's how I have to do EVERYTHING! I always break large things down into smaller ones and it seems to work. Just like at the gym...I don't look at it as an hour on the treadmill...I see it as 6 10 minute intervals! You're doing great...your mind is in the right place! :) Good luck!

Hotch Potchery said...

Keep up the good attitude...I know the little numbers every week seem SO daunting...but then after a few months and you add them all up...ta da, mid number!

Tamzin said...

Good Plan! I like the 5lbs ticker...I might have to do that too.

:D

The Crazy Woman Inside Me said...

Just wanted to let you know that I enjoy your blog, Deb. The posts are interesting and I can definitely relate. :-) I wish you success on your weight loss journey! (I've added your link to my blog’s sidebar.)

T.L. said...

Just found your blog and bookmarked it. The mini-goal idea is a good one...that's what I've done. I'm 2 pounds away from losing 100...but have another 180 to go. It's a long road, but we can do it.

Hey, I'm in Texas too...the trees in your walk picture look straight out of my 'hood!

Patty said...

Just found your blog via spunkysuzie, and just wanted to tell you that I love your new mantra because you REALLY do matter!

Ria said...

I love seeing your "magic numbers" up top! Those short-term and intermediate term goals are really important and motivating . . . one step at a time will get us there eventually.