Continuing my list of 160 Things I Want To Do As I Lose Weight:
21. Walk across the Brooklyn Bridge
One of my dream vacations is to visit NYC. While there I would like to be able to walk across the Brooklyn Bridge, which is just over a mile long, and enjoy the cityscape.
22. Be part of the National Weight Control Registry
The National Weight Control Registry is a study of long-term successful weight loss management. Becoming a member of this registry, which to date has over 5000 members, will indicate an ultimate success for me because in order to be able to be part of this registry you not only have to have lost a significant amount of weight (30 pounds or more) but you also have to have kept it off for 1 year or more.
23. Get back in touch with old college roommates – Lisa, Sharon, Lynette
Lately I have been feeling nostalgic about old friends and have been wanting to look some of them up. I feel too ashamed of myself now for any of them to see me. As I lose weight and become more comfortable I’d like to try to renew ties with some of my old pals.
24. Wear dresses again
I feel decidedly unfeminine at this weight. Regaining my femininity will be feeling good and looking good in dresses again. I used to love to wear nice tailored dresses to work and easy, breezy sundresses on casual days. I want to be able to do that again.
25. Walk a half marathon
I used to love to do things just to say I was able to do it. Walking a half marathon has been a long term goal of mine ever since I discovered a local walking group who was training for one. I would like to get in shape enough to join the group and train with them. I wanna walk 13.2!!!!
Dumping Amazon and living a more deliberate life
10 months ago


4 comments:
Hey Deb, so excited to hear that you got your book!
I love your list! I need to create my own, does it help keep you motivated?
the wear dresses again really touched me.
the wanting to feel feminine again.
you can do this with things like your list to keep you focused on the big and small goals.
I say get a dress now and practice ;)
I had never heard of the registry! Very cool! Great things to work towards.
CONGRATULATIONS on your 5 lb loss - that is great, and it's proof that small weekly losses will get you to your goal. KUTGW!
Walking across the Brooklyn Bridge is a wonderful thing to do! I'm sure you've already got a good guidebook, but here are a few ideas anyway. Take the 2 or 3 subway train from Times Square to the first stop in Brooklyn. Wander around Brooklyn Heights for a while - it's a beautiful neighborhood with a lot of landmarked brownstones. Montague Street has a lot of shops and cafes . . . and if you're a Bob Dylan fan, he mentions that street in Tangled Up In Blue. The Brooklyn Heights promenade has a gorgeous view of the city - as does the walk across the bridge. When you get back to Manhattan, you'll be very close to Tribeca, which is a fun place to gallery hop and/or get drinks.
Great choice of shows! Some of the theaters are older, and the seats are somewhat narrow. Although I'm sure you'll be fine, you could call the theaters and ask for the seat width. That way, you'll have peace of mind, and in case there is an issue at a particular theater you'll have time to work with them on different seating.
I totally relate to # 23 and 24!
Post a Comment