I was pleasantly suprised this morning to find that I had lost half a pound this week. It was a stressful week full of long work hours at work. I succumbed to some stress eating, failed to find the time to plan my meals or to go to my water aerobics class this week. So half a pound, yeah, I'll take it!
This week I also had my appointment with a shrink about my depression. She gave me a 2 week sample of some meds and I go back at the end of the 2 weeks. So far I am hating these meds. I am sooooooooooooo sleepy on them. Worse than the depression was. She did say to try to stick it out for at least a week because often the side effects will diminish after the first week. I hope so because Friday when I got home from work I slept from 4PM to 8PM, then went to bed at 11PM and slept til 9AM. I got up, went to water areobics, came home and fell asleep for another 4 hours. Sleeping 18 out of 24 is not going to be acceptable. On a positive note, my appetite seems to be greatly dimished on these meds...at least for now.
I have alot to get done today including take my finance exam so I hope today won't be as bad and Friday and Saturday was in terms of sleeping. I'll just have to try to not blink for too long.
Sunday, October 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
Congratulations on the loss! That's two sticks of butter gone forever.
Hope that the new meds are helping, and that the side effects are lessening - at least you're getting caught up on your sleep while you wait for them to kick in.
I emailed you some hotel ideas - how's your trip planning coming along?
Sounds like the meds might be too strong. Any way to get a lower dose if the sleepies don't resolve themselves?
Weight off is better than weight on, so you did good!!!
Stress eating - argh, my constant nemesis!
I hope the side effects lessen for you......nothing worse than being sleepy when you have things to do :) Great job on the loss........every ounce is an accomplishment. Way to go, Deb ;)
The side effects are lessening already. The doc had warned me the first week might be tough but to try to stick it out. I'm on day 5 and feeling better in terms of side effects. Hopefully I'll be feeling better depression-wise as well too.
Ria, I didn't get your email. Will you email it again? sheddingmyfatsuit at gmail dot com
Thanks!
Post a Comment