I was pleasantly suprised this morning to find that I had lost half a pound this week. It was a stressful week full of long work hours at work. I succumbed to some stress eating, failed to find the time to plan my meals or to go to my water aerobics class this week. So half a pound, yeah, I'll take it!
This week I also had my appointment with a shrink about my depression. She gave me a 2 week sample of some meds and I go back at the end of the 2 weeks. So far I am hating these meds. I am sooooooooooooo sleepy on them. Worse than the depression was. She did say to try to stick it out for at least a week because often the side effects will diminish after the first week. I hope so because Friday when I got home from work I slept from 4PM to 8PM, then went to bed at 11PM and slept til 9AM. I got up, went to water areobics, came home and fell asleep for another 4 hours. Sleeping 18 out of 24 is not going to be acceptable. On a positive note, my appetite seems to be greatly dimished on these meds...at least for now.
I have alot to get done today including take my finance exam so I hope today won't be as bad and Friday and Saturday was in terms of sleeping. I'll just have to try to not blink for too long.
Dumping Amazon and living a more deliberate life
10 months ago


4 comments:
Congratulations on the loss! That's two sticks of butter gone forever.
Hope that the new meds are helping, and that the side effects are lessening - at least you're getting caught up on your sleep while you wait for them to kick in.
I emailed you some hotel ideas - how's your trip planning coming along?
Sounds like the meds might be too strong. Any way to get a lower dose if the sleepies don't resolve themselves?
Weight off is better than weight on, so you did good!!!
Stress eating - argh, my constant nemesis!
I hope the side effects lessen for you......nothing worse than being sleepy when you have things to do :) Great job on the loss........every ounce is an accomplishment. Way to go, Deb ;)
The side effects are lessening already. The doc had warned me the first week might be tough but to try to stick it out. I'm on day 5 and feeling better in terms of side effects. Hopefully I'll be feeling better depression-wise as well too.
Ria, I didn't get your email. Will you email it again? sheddingmyfatsuit at gmail dot com
Thanks!
Post a Comment