Sunday, October 26, 2008

Weigh in: 0.4 lost, 163.1 to go

I will never understand scales as long as I live. I ate horribly and didn't exercise this week and still some how the scale shows I lost almost half a pound this week. I won't ask how or why, I will just be grateful.

Work was busy and stressful again last week. I was getting home between 8:30 and 9:00 every night so I missed all my water aerobics classes and hit the drive-thru's way more often than I should have.

My weight loss has been at a crawl since recommitting to Weight Watchers. Even though I have been journalling my food and points I am still eating too much on some days. I am OK with that though because what I am doing is a definite improvement from what I was doing when I gained 18 pounds and put myself at a new all time high weight.

I am sort of looking at this like when you are trying to stop your car when you are going 65 you don't just slam on your brakes, you gradually slow the car down. So I am not going to beat myself up because I haven't been able to go from completely terrible habits to perfectly perfect ones. I am improving and that is what matters.

6 comments:

Natalia said...

Deb I think that is a great attitude to have! You are doing so good. I'm so happy that you decided to go to NYC, that is such a huge thing! I changed up the post that you read earlier today, if you have a chance to reread it please do!!!

Sorry that you missed your classes last week, hope this week is better for you, less stressful at work! :)

Anonymous said...

YAY!!! it IS what matters and it is all, IMO, about baby steps to big changes.

you are doing fantastically.
take the loss and keep at it :)

Miz.

we_be_toys said...

That is the right attitude! It's really hard to undo a lifetime of eating habits and reteach yourself. I think you're doing a great job - hang in there!

Ria said...

Congratulations on another loss, Deb - you're on your way, and the scale is moving in the right direction each week.

I love your braking the car analogy - it's a great way to look at the progress made while getting back on plan.

Late November weather in NYC is usually very crisp - you'll probably want to bring a medium-weight winter coat & gloves.

Deb said...

Thanks for the tip, Ria. I have been wondering what the weather would be like. I have lived in TX for 13 years now so I am a little out of touch with REAL winter weather. I'll probably have to buy a coat. I don't even own a winter one!

Anonymous said...

ok
Im commenting here as I long to comment above but for some reason do NOT wanna be first.

my .02? screw other people.

go. enjoy. and screw em.

and hugs.

hugs your way.

M.