Tuesday, March 31, 2009

A Walk in Suburbia

A summary in pictures of my walk through suburbia for my metropolitan friend. You know who you are. :-)

Buster's "Yes, I want to go for a walkie" face.
Blue Texas skies and green trees. Can't complain about that.
Lazy suburban street. Apparently not much goes on in my neighborhood during working hours.
Mail truck...one tiny bit of excitement.
Time for a pitstop. One of many.

Flags at the elementary school near me.
Unexplained zig in an otherwise very straight sidewalk.
Buster seeming to tell me to hurry up. Apparently it is OK for me to have to wait on him but not the other way around.
Tulips!!! Nothing says spring to me like tulips in bloom.

Finally home and pooped out.

8 comments:

My Big Fat Super Super Obese Blog said...

What a great idea to take pics on your walk lol. Now I really want to know why you have that funky zig though...whats up with that?

Sandy Hentzel said...

Okay so I'm green with envy, lol. Here is Ohio, we have cold temps, brown, muddy grass and old leaves:(

Glad you enjoyed your walk :)

new*me said...

love the wide clean streets :) Our town is old with lots of houses without driveways.....lots of parking in the streets.....so messy compared to your area

Good to see you in the pics!

Deb said...

Annette, the houses in the neighborhood I live in all have rear-entry garages so we don't get that messy look of cars in the street or even in the driveways.

MizFit said...

I love suburbia!!

I like to visit the city but the calm of the suburbs? I prefer it.

whatever that says about me :)

Ria said...

I love the photos . . . now I KNOW the grass/trees are greener!

Buster is just adorable . . . and he looks so happy to be out and about with his mama.

It's great that you've got such beautiful weather for your staycation, and that your new exercise program is getting you out there to enjoy it. I'm jealous of those gorgeous, cloudless blue skies and those tulips . . . we've got at least a few more weeks to wait for the tulips, and the cloudless skies . . . well, they're kind of rare around here!

Megan said...

You go girl! What a week you've had!

Tanya said...

Green grass? Flowers?

What do I have? Snow. Nice and fresh this morning.

BAH! Winter can be over any time now.