When I made my SMART goals for 2009, I committed to giving monthly updates as to my progress. So here goes:
1. To weigh less than 300 pounds by 1/1/2010. I weighed 337.7 on 1/1/09 and this morning I weighed 340.8. Moving in the wrong direction. February was a horrific month work-wise. Basically February kicked my ass. I am beat down, worn out, tired, stressed, and depressed. My February would have kicked anyone's ass so I refuse to kick my own ass about it.
2. To have my entire house decluttered and organized by 1/1/2010. My goal has been to spend 1 hour per week working on this task. This did not happen due to ass-kicking February.
3. To complete at least 12 more hours towards my MBA by 1/1/2010. This is the only goal I am progressing on. I am currently taking 6 hours so I will be halfway to my goal by the end of the spring semester.
I think the very worst is behind me as far as work goes, but the fact is my job demands alot from me. So I will just try to do my best in March. I still feel over-burdened and uncertain how I will do this month. I struggle with knowing how to balance my life as long as I have the job I do. Most days it doesn't seem worth it...my job, that is. And yet I fear making a change. So for now I seem to be stuck trying (unsuccessfully) to make it all work.
Dumping Amazon and living a more deliberate life
10 months ago


6 comments:
2009 has kicked my ass so far too. I have been so busy at work I have just come home and crashed at night with little energy to do much else at all.
Hang in there. I think we might be able to catch our breath before December ends. ;)
Those goals are all within your reach! Good luck!
I'm so sorry your job is so demanding. I don't know what advice to give you about that except to tell you I'm rootin' for you! 2009 has not been good to me either, but it has to get better, right? :D Hang in there!
Bethany
Congratulations for finding the time to keep up with your MBA classes despite the crazy work month, and I'm glad you're being kind to yourself/cutting yourself a little slack on your other goals under the circumstances. I'm sure your February would have had my ass crying uncle at the curb!
Here's hoping that things lighten up for you in March - I know that once you have a little time for yourself you're going to start zooming towards goals # 1 and 2, and I'm looking forward to cheering you on.
I LOVE IT.
SMART goals are the only way to go and, while you are working and stretching yourself with these, you have also ENTIRELY set yourself up for success.
you can do this.
You are absolutely amazing Deb. You are one strong lady if you can juggle everything going on in your life. I can't imagine taking classes while working full-time. That is just so darn impressive to me! I have all I can do to raise two little boys.
Your goals will be reached...I am sure of it. Hang in there.
Post a Comment