3/31/09 12:40PM
Goal: 1 hour walk
Achieved: 39 minutes (9 more than last time)
Distance: 1.4 miles
Pace: 2.2mph
Avg heart rate: 131
Physical: I wouldn’t say my back hurt today. I’d just say that my back was tired. About halfway through the walk it was the same muscle sensation you get when you are carrying something really heavy and are ready to either put it down or drop it. I guess that is in essence what I am putting my back through. My calves were fatigued. Ignoring those discomforts it felt good be breathing and sweating.
Emotional: Happy. It was an absolutely gorgeous day to be out walking: sunny, cloudless, and 60 degrees with a nice breeze. Determined. To make it just a bit farther than I did the last time. Optimistic. That one day soon I will be taking these walks and not thinking about my back or my calves and only thinking about the gorgeous weather and the good feeling of exercising my body.
Dumping Amazon and living a more deliberate life
10 months ago


4 comments:
Yay, 9 more minutes!!! You will be amazed how your body will respond if you keep it up. (Your mind will too!)
Yeah! Nine more minutes dedicated to your future!
I was thinking a lot about the emotional log, and I really think that this is going to be a great tool for you to look back at to see your progress.
GREAT JOB!
Ohhh! love your "logging" system. I might have to get something started like that.
I could use some sunshine as well. Been ugly out for a while here and I need a little vitamin D!
Good for you on 9 more minutes and on the faster pace . . . the logging is a great idea, because seeing that progress is great motivation!
Post a Comment