I will be taking a temporary hiatus from blogging for the next few weeks. I am currently suffering from a bout of depression that I am seeking medical help for. I feel very tired, negative, and hopeless in regards to my own weightloss efforts and just things in general. And I don't want to post a bunch of "oh woe is me" crap so I am just going to stop until the depression is under control again.
It was kind of ambivalent about stopping blogging during this time because I believe depression and weight is a blogworthy topic. But I decided it would work better for me if I waited to blog it when the worst is behind me and I have gained some perspective on it. I would not have much constructive to say about the issue in my current state.
I am still enjoying reading other blogs so I intend to keep visiting you during this time.
Dumping Amazon and living a more deliberate life
9 months ago


17 comments:
Good luck to you! I too have suffered from depression and know it's rough.
*hugs*
I have been there too!! Here's sending good vibes your way that you will feel back to yourself soon :) We will miss you!!
Know how you are feeling, so good luck with everything---hope to see you back soon.
I think taking a break from blogging is probably a wise decision for you right now... I went through something similar last year and I couldn't write about it. I just had to retreat a bit and work through my issues. It took me two months, but they were very valuable...
Best of luck with your "cave" time. I'll be thinking of you!
Do what you need to do hun. I know what its like to battle both depression and a weight problem. I hope that you find some help. are you on any anti depressants? I'd be lost without mine!
Take care and do whatever you feel you need to get better again. We'll be here whenever you decide to come back.
Hope you start to feel on the up soon.
It is good to take care of yourself-- I went to treatment almost exactly a year ago for my issues, and it was the best thing I ever did for myself. Whatever course you take, at least you are getting help! It is a great example for others when someone gets the help they need. YOU ARE NOT ALONE!
Good for you. Do what is best for you and take all the time you need. We'll be here when you're ready. {{hugs}}
sending you love.
Carla
Sending you some hugs and positive thoughts! :)
Aw, Deb, I'm so sorry you are going through this. I can totally feel for you. It's such an awful feeling. Please be better soon!
Bethany
Please know that I'll be thinking about you as you navigate this rough spot. We'll be anxiously awaiting your return when you're feeling better. Hang in there!
I am in a funk and seriously hoping it doesn't blossom into full blown depression...take care and I hope to read you soon on the other side of the fence!
{{Deb}} I'm so sorry you're feeling bad. You are very wise to be getting help . . . you don't have to fight those negative/hopeless feelings alone.
You are smart, motivated and articulate, and I know you will find the path to your goals!
Your insights have helped me a lot, and I look forward to your return to blogging. Email me anytime if you want to chat . . . and be sure to let me know if you're able to plan that springtime trip to NYC!
I feel your pain soo much. I slept all day yesterday just to avoid facing the world. You are not alone.
Hang in there Deb. Rest assured that you will get through this rough patch. Take a few deep breaths and take care of Deb. You deserve it.
Hi - I, also, suffer from depression. I have for years. If you ever need to talk or have questions or anything, please don't hesitate to email me. I've been only every drug under the sun . . . and then some!
Take care of yourself.
Post a Comment