Well, I made a decent dent in that ridiculous gain I had last week by losing 3.4 this week. I did a little better on tracking, doing so 3 days out of 7. I could have done better but I let some stressful and emotional changes at work affect me more than I should have and I turned to food to deal.
I am close to striking distance to the 10 pound mark, which I had hoped to achieve a couple of weeks ago. If I can pull off another 3.4 pound loss this week, I will get to 10 pounds. I want this week to be the week it happens. I mentally need to achieve this milestone. Tired of floundering.
I need to prove to myself that I can trust myself. You know those people in your life that make you promises to do something, be somewhere, be on time, etc. but you don't believe them because they never follow through on their promises? Well I am that person to myself. I keep saying I am going do something...walk everyday or track my points, whatever...and then I continually let myself down by not following through. I don't believe myself anymore. I am unreliable. And it needs to change.
As my former husband the former Marine used to say "Don't talk about it, make it happen." This week I am going to make it happen. I want this 10 pound milestone. I am going to do each day what I need to do to achieve my goal. I am going to post everyday between today and next Saturday's weigh in. Hold me to it! I am going to hold myself to it!
Dumping Amazon and living a more deliberate life
9 months ago


7 comments:
Hey Deb, well you know I can relate to this. That's how I feel right now, I constantly let myself down! No more!
You will succeed!!!!!
You can do it! I am struggling with keeping promises to myself as well. I believe it is a habit some of us have to develop though it should come naturally. Every promise you make to yourself and keep will make the next promise easier to keep.
Good luck with your goals this week!
You can do it - what about coming up with a reward for hitting 10 pounds - make it something that you really really want - this is a big hurdle for you, so the skies the limit (says the one who is not holding the purse strings, lol).
I'm rooting for you!
Hi Deb, just wanted to say hello/introduce myself as a reader. I've been following your blog for a few weeks and am enjoying it, and I wanted to add my support. I think Shelley makes a great point -- you definitely deserve a reward for losing 10 lbs while having a superstressful job. That is seriously quite a feat. Anyways, I'm wishing you all the best!
OK, you're held to it! You're doing great and you can make that goal!
I don't know if you can lose 3.4 pounds or not, but I know absolutely that you can do everything you need to do to make it happen!
I'll do my part by waving my pom-poms around wildly and jumping about enthusiastically!
Go-o-o-o! Deb! :)
Hey there! I'm blog hopping and see that we're about on the same goal! Getting started isn't always easy, is it? I've been at it two weeks...which is pretty good for me!
I don't know if I am brave enough to make a goal as large as yours. I made my first goal a lot smaller, 60 lbs by October. Doesn't seem so daunting that way.
You're not alone!
Post a Comment