Saturday, June 12, 2010

Close But No Cigar

My goal this week was to lose 3.4 pounds and break that elusive 10 pound mark. I got real close, but not quite. I lost 3 pounds this morning. I'm not the least bit upset. I put my mind to having a good loss this week and I did. So what if it was 0.4 less than what I was shooting for. Three pounds makes me happy. And it motivates me to keep going. And it shows me that I can do it, if I just DO IT!

The Kindle will have to wait for when I get out of the 3's. I was looking forward to having it this week, but that's OK. It's kinda fun having a carrot out there.

That said, 10 pounds WILL be mine next week come hell or high water!

17 comments:

mamajuliana said...

Congrats on the loss of three pounds! That .4 will come...just wait!

Natalia said...

3 pounds? 3 POUNDS? That's awesome!!! Good job Deb! Rock on!~

M @ The Woes and Throes said...

3 pounds is very good! And yes, 10 will be your number next week...10 and then some! Great attitude you have!

Cammy@TippyToeDiet said...

Heck, you probably lost the other 0.4 just typing the post! :)

Awesome effort, awesome results!

Shelley said...

You did great - 3 pounds in one week is fantastic! Congratulations - and keep dangling that Kindle!

Kelli Campbell said...

that is great..3 pounds is a wonderful amount to lose..great job..kelli

Di said...

3 pounds- awesome !! Doesn't it make you want to grab a pair of scissors and cut of your hair to get those .4 off ?? You are right- it will come !

Tony said...

I wish I could lose even 1 pound a week now! Great job Deb!

Lori said...

3 pounds is fantastic! Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

I saw in the sidebar that you live in Texas, we just moved to Texas a year ago...Houston actually. The humidity alone probably helps sweat off a few pounds! lol

Hanlie said...

Good job! .4 pounds is a glass of water, so you'll definitely be rid of it and more by next week.

Miz said...

and the kindle is a GREAT REWARD too.

lets git you that KINDLE!!!


MizFit

KyokoCake said...

3 pounds is great but the 0.4 will be so sweet when you BREEZE past it next!!

Tamzin said...

WOOHOO! You tell that 10lbs whos boss!

:)

Kimberly said...

Here comes your Kindle! You've got this. Awesome.

Unknown said...

Congrats on the three pounds! Next week Kindle!

FrogiNater said...

Yay for the 3! 0.4 better watch OUT!