Back to work today. More news and changes at work. Ch-ch-ch-changes. Trying to stay positive they will be good changes. Time will tell.
Work tends to be a struggle for me in the eating department. I will say my day wasn't quite as stellar as the last two (I went over my points) but it was much better than most of my recent workdays. And I don't think I went far enough over to mess me up too bad on Sunday, especially if I am more mindful tomorrow.
Need to figure out how to handle the anxiety of the changes and unknowns going on right now. It's not going to change any time soon. And I am SO ready for that kind of stuff to stop being an excuse for me to sabotage the things I want the most.....to be healthy...to have a life...to wear cute clothes...to feel good.
Plan for tomorrow: When I feel anxiety I am going to set the timer on my computer for 5 minutes and do deep breathing. I am hoping taking this time to slow down and breathe will help me get it together and avoid doing something stupid with food.
Dumping Amazon and living a more deliberate life
10 months ago


11 comments:
I hear ya on the work changes...I have a new boss and his favorite phrase seems to be "they're not gonna like it" whenever he implements something new or different. It is hard to work like that - you never know what they are going to hit you with next.
I like your anxiety-coping mechanism. Just recognizing it is probably a huge help in dealing with it. Hang in there!
I totally understand Deb! You can do it! Take a deep breath slowly. :)
http://pencilskirtbound.blogspot.com/
~Cariann
You can do it... I think taking time to "breathe" is a great idea!
Deb, I think the deep breathing is a great idea! I was going to ask if you could get up from your desk and step outside for a moment and bask in the sun. Or take a quick walk around the inside or outside of your building.
I've noticed that when I stress eat, I'm not even making a conscious choice to do it. It's habit! A reflex!
I didn't do a great job tracking yesterday. I'm sure I went over. Back on track today!!!
It is so stressful when your work is experiencing changes. I hope that it will all be okay for you.
I used the timer idea when I was losing. I'd set it for 15 minutes and not eat during that time. Usually by the time it went off the stress had passed or I had managed it well enough to pass on the Oreos. True.
{hugs} to you.
I understand some deep breathing is very good for what ails ya! It supplies needed oxygen to your cells and brain and clears away mental cobwebs. It also wakes you up. Sounds like you have a very good idea there!
Getting started is really hard, isn't it? And if you are stressful all around you, it can make thing seem harder.
What has really helped me throughout the day is getting up earlier and going for a 30 minute walk. It wasn't the most appealing thing to do that first time, but I did it, and it made the day go a lot easier.
You can do this.
Sorry for the stress.
One of the things that helps me most in times of "stress of the unknown" is the realization that food and exercise are two things I *can* control. By putting my focus on those things, I'm able to push the unknowns out of the forefront of my thinking.
And, of course, the deep breathing works wonders. :)
Oh - thats a good plan, I like that! Snacking is my big issue at hte office. I can NOT be surrounded by food. Happily, my new desk is no where near the kitchen - so no easy access!! :)
And thanks for you support this last bit...Its been a rough couple months.
I don't handle stress well either. The deep breathing should help, I also do yoga at home, which helps some too. Another thing you could try is if you want to stress snack (or binge, as my case tends to be), make a quick list of what will happen if you eat whatever it is you want.
I love taking time to breathe deeply and calm myself...it's tough to remember to do that when you're stressed. You'll get through it though!! :)
I love taking time to breathe deeply and calm myself...it's tough to remember to do that when you're stressed. You'll get through it though!! :)
Post a Comment