Busy day yesterday kept me from posting weigh in results. I gained 1.2 pounds. Frustrating. I knew it probably wasn't going to be good when I saw that my ankles had been swollen and puffy for two days. Retaining water again. I had a work function that lasted two days - Thursday and Friday - which included food and alcohol. I don't drink alot so when I drink even one or two it affects my body.
I'm frustrated with myself. But I'm back at it now. Drinking lots of water. Tracking my points. Walking. The goal this week is consistency. I have to do these things most days, preferably every day in order to get the results I want.
Yesterday I decided to check out our community workout room. It's pretty well-equipped. I should take advantage of it more. I just don't like exercising in front of others these days. But I went ahead and did it anyway. Wasn't as embarrassing as I thought it would be. There were a couple other folks in there and they were as friendly as they could be. If they were judging me, they hid it well.
Gotta keep it up!
Dumping Amazon and living a more deliberate life
10 months ago


5 comments:
Good for you on checking out the community area! I know what you mean about exercising in front of others.
Here's to a great week!!!
I had that same fear of exercising in front of people - it was hard for me to ride my bike around my street when I first started because I was SURE all of my neighbors were staring. But you know what? I never see them out exercising, so may be they are wishing they could be brave like me.
Good on ya for getting out there!
I know what you mean too about being infront of others. I live on Hampton beach in NH which is the main tourist attraction in the area. Its so intimidating to go out walking when there are a billion hot chics in bikinis and hot stud guys with no shirts on. But I try to push myself & do it. Today I walked 2 miles on the beach, in a bathin suit and sun dress and actually felt pretty hot lol So just keep up the good work. And do what I do- if I walk by them now and they make fun of me, atleast Im doing it for a reason, cuz next summer Ill be SEXY!
sometimes I feel like if I have to face another day of "consistency," I'll pull my hair out! But I try to keep on keeping on, like you. We'll get there!
(I don't like to do anything physical in front of others! But like you, when I do it, it generally doesn't turn out as bad as I'd feared.)
Hi I just found your blog through my friend Hanlie Blewett's page on FB, my name is Dea, I am also on a health, weightloss and loving myself path.
176 is a fantastic weight, you are doing great!
I am 215, my hardest challenge is working out, you are so lucky to live in a place with pool, gym, community gym room. I am from DC but live in Italy for now, I will be moving back home to the US next year in March. Its much easier to diet & work out in place where there's support and resources.
Take care :) Dea
Post a Comment