Sunday, June 6, 2010

Another Successful Day

Sunday's in the record books. Another success. Five more days til I make my 10 pound milestone.

Tomorrow I'm going to focus on getting more water in and eating a bit less salty stuff (today's snack was peanut butter pretzels...tasty, but salty). I don't want to mess up my weigh in with some crazy water retention so I gotta drink up! My plan to increase my water is to decrease my Diet Coke consumption. I drink WAY too may each day. Some days at work I drink no water, only Diet Cokes. They are my source of morning caffeine and I'm not ready to cut them out completely. My goal is to only have 2 in the morning and 1 in the afternoon. Three probably seems like alot to many of you, but that is cutting back for me. Bad, I know.

I've been thinking about a comment of Shelley's about coming up with a reward for myself if I make it to my 10 pound milestone this weekend. She's onto something. I do have my "magic number" goals that I plan on rewarding myself for (see sidebar). Ten pounds is not one of my magic numbers. But I've struggled with making any progress at all, maybe I do need to make a celebration of 10 pounds.

So, for this week and this week only, I am putting a carrot out there for myself. I have been wanting a Kindle. I had planned on that being my reward when I get out of the 300's. I've decided if I make it to 10pounds THIS SATURDAY, I will get the Kindle as a reward. If I don't make it this week, I'll have to wait.

So there ya go. Thanks for the idea, Shelley. And especially thank you if I achieve my goal and get to treat myself earlier than I had planned.

8 comments:

x said...

good luck and hope you make it :)

Hanlie said...

You're doing great! Good for you!

Natalia said...

yay! Good for you! What a great idea, and good incentive for you. ;)

Hotch Potchery said...

I hope you get there, but if you don't, don't be too hard on yourself. Any (-) is a (-) and in the long run it really won't matter if you lose 1lb or 3.4lbs this week, as long as you don't quit on yourself!!

Kendra said...

You're doing a fabulous job of keeping in the mindset and that's the most important thing. Be careful about getting too caught up in reaching a specific milestone because it can derail your progress and cause frustration. Sometimes you body will be changing but the scale won't especially if you are doing any sort of strength training.

I really hope that you do make your goal but don't feel like you haven't achieved a huge amount if you don't. Every pound and inch is a great achievement!

TracyZ said...

I am a new follower, so first hi there!! Found you through Jack.

I hope you make your goal this week and earn yourself that Kindle!

Shelley said...

Very cool - I'm glad you liked my idea. :)

The Kindle is a sweet reward and a great incentive to think twice about whatever you choose to eat - and HP is right - if you don't hit it this week, it will come. But I'm like you - I'd prefer it sooner rather than later!

janedog said...

No judgment here re: diet sodas, I can very easily drink 6 Diet Cherry Cokes a day! (Or Diet Dr. Pepper.) I'm trying to quit but to be honest have cheated a little on the weekends. Oh well. Any change is good, I think; it doesn't have to be cold turkey. Good luck!