
Here is my haul from my latest trip to Whole Foods where I tried to take advantage of the seasonal produce. Here's what I got:
A couple small butternut squash - looking for good soup recipes for these.
An acorn squash - will be roasting this. I don't think I've ever had an acorn squash before.
Delicata squash - I was feeling adventurous because when I picked the yellow and green striped squash because I had no idea what it was. Thanks to the magic of Google, I now know it is a delicata and I found a recipe to try.
Pomegranate - This is my first pomegranate purchase. I think I'll try the seeds in my next salad. Not sure what else to do with them.


6 comments:
Good for you! The pomegranate seeds are lovely in Greek Yogurt -- sweetens is up nicely!
Also, if you do a pork loin, gently simmer cranberries and pomegranate with 1 tbls. of brown sugar and use it for the glaze!
Pomegranates are also great to throw at your neighbor when he gets up early on a Saturday morning and runs his leafblower by your bedroom window.
Take that, Mr. Johnson! WHAP
What a healthy-looking bowl! I'm interested in how all of your squash recipes turn out...just getting into the winter squashes, myself.
I discovered pomegranates last year and LOVE THEM! I eat the seeds for a snack, but I like the salad idea and also Georgia Mist's idea of putting them in Greek yogurt. Caution: Don't wear a white shirt (or one that you're particularly fond of, for that matter) when you are getting the pom seeds out...it can be a bit of a juicy mess!
Mmmm...that looks good. Now if only I liked veggies..,
I love pomegranates. I eat them plain, and they're especially fun because they take forever to eat and so yummy.
I am about to go for my long run, then I will spend the rest of the afternoon watching holiday movies and football while eating a pomegranate...YUM.
Post a Comment