Sunday, October 4, 2009

Weigh in: 1.7 lost, 182.3 to go


Been a little MIA lately. I have finally moved into my new place and only just got my new internet service set up on Friday. So lots of catching up to do in the blogosphere!


I unpacked my scale this morning and got on it not knowing what to expect. My eating hasn't been the greatest but I've been getting LOTS of activity in with all the moving and unpacking. I was pleasantly surprised with a small loss of 1.7.


I have really been taking it easy on myself these past few weeks. I've tried my best to just do what I can and not push myself too much. I have been setting boundaries at work and while I still don't have a perfect 40 hour work week, it's much better than it was. I feel like I am starting to unwind from all those months and months of pressure and stress. And now I am starting to feel ready again to put some more pointed focus on weightloss. That means tracking my food intake. I am trying online tracking on the Weight Watchers website. I have always done my tracking in a notebook but I tend to be inconsistent or forget to bring it with me or some other variety of excuse. If I'm doing it online I'll always have access via my Blackberry so no excuses anymore.


I know I also need to get a regular exercise routine going but for now I am going to continue to cut myself some slack on that. I am still working on unpacking and get a sweat worked up lugging boxes around. For this week, that will be good enough. My main focus will be on getting the food and tracking back where it needs to be.

14 comments:

Brightcetera said...

Love your pretty pink toes.

Stickers ... I'm the same. Love seeing a month full of stickers. Like you said the months with lots of stickers had *kickass* weight loss.

Good luck with getting settled in and making good food choices!

Sevenbeads said...

It sounds like you have a lot on your plate right now. Concentrate on the food tracking and when you have a chance to catch your breath, then add more activity.

Amanda aka SuperPucky said...

No such thing as a small loss my friend! Just a first step of many. Congratulations keep going!
I am cheering for you!

KrysTros said...

A loss is a loss! Way to go! I have been losing about 1 lb a week for the last few weeks and you may not realize it but it's a good thing! I have gone down .25 of an inch in the last 4 wks just by losing 3 lbs! It will show, just keep working out and doing what you can do!

Shelley said...

Great job losing while coping with a major move! When I was keeping a food journal, I liked doing it online so I could access it while at work. I like how you are setting yourself up for success via your Blackberry!

Anonymous said...

The Blackberry idea is cool! I got an iPod Touch for my birthday and I'm using the Weight Watchers tracking stuff on there. It's so much more fun to track when you have a nifty little gadget to play with...Keep up the good work. That is excellent that you've managed to lose amongst the stress of moving and all!
Bethany

Hotch Potchery said...

One thing at a time works best for me...otherwise I get overwhelmed and do NOTHING!

Plus I have read that weight loss is 90% diet, 10% exercise...so if you can get the 90% under control you will be in good shape!

Miz said...

Im with amanda in the NO SUCH THING AS A SMALL LOSS and also wanna reinforce what you said about the moving being so much freakin' exercise.

keep that core tight and lift from the legs :)

Miz.

we_be_toys said...

I feel you, girl! I've been sitting at the same weight for about a month now. I'm doing the working out, but the dieting is hard, esp. when I'm the only one in the house dieting, and I have to do the cooking. There is also the much-loved, but most fattening cheese consumption I have to rein in - Argh! Never!
(Minute Maid is making these frozen lemonades that are FAB! 70 calories, no fat, and they're really yummy. It's what I turn to at night when I want to put stuff in my mouth. My friend Chanda swears by the Skinny Cow brand too - says they're really satisfying.)

we_be_toys said...

Also? Yeah for you! You've lost consistently, from what I can see here on the blog. Every pound is a victory, I think.
"Never give up, never surrender!"
-Galaxy Quest

Georgia Mist said...

A pound loss is great -- just remember, the slower you lose it, the more likely that pound will STAY off!
Way to go!

Becky said...

Congrats on the loss!! That's great! You are going in the right direction, girl! Keep it up!

Ria said...

Congratulations on the loss . . . despite taking it easy on yourself, you're clearly doing something right!

I'd bet that you'll see some more progress in the next few weeks, with tracking your food and continuing the work of unpacking. Journaling always helps me a lot, just by forcing me to think about the consequences of the choices I'm making.

Keep up the great work, including giving yourself some much needed R&R.

Hanlie said...

Congrats on the loss! It's always good to hear from you...

I hope you will be very happy in your new home!