I was tagged by Hanlie with this most thought-provoking meme. The best meme I have ever seen. Hands down.
What would you say to your younger self 2, 5, 10, and 15 years ago?
2 years ago (I was 36) - Set strict boundaries for yourself surrounding your job. Do not devote so much time to it that the other things that are important to you suffer....your health and weight, your happiness, and relationships.
5 years ago (I was 33) - You are doing so well with weight loss. Stop stressing yourself out by putting time limits on achieving your goals. Slow and steady will win the race. If you are not careful about this you will gain back what you have lost plus 100 more pounds.
10 years ago (I was 28) - Don't marry that guy. He is a good guy but you two are not compatible. Wait for someone who brings as much to the table as you do, someone you can count on, someone brings joy rather than stress to your life.
15 years ago (I was 23) - I know you spent your growing up and high school years severely obese. But look at you now! You are a size 10 and you are beautiful. Look at yourself. Really look at yourself and recognize that your body is no longer obese. You have the world by the tail and no limits to what your life can become. Do not settle for the guys who lie and mistreat you. Do not settle for the career that doesn't inspire you.
It kind of makes me sad that so much of my advice to myself surrounds weight. Clearly it has been a huge focus in my life for all of my life. So I will add some advice to myself today....stop thinking about your weight so much! There is much more to life than that!
Now, I tag the following people:
we_be_toys at Tapdancing at the Edge of Reason
Bea at Trapped Under Something Heavy
Natalia at Embracing the Weightloss Journey
Sherre at Searching for My Inner Thinner Self
Lynn at The Blubber Blog
...and anyone else who wants to participate!
Dumping Amazon and living a more deliberate life
10 months ago


1 comment:
It's been interesting reading everyone's answers... We all have so much in common! Great answers!
Post a Comment