Day 1 is all about making a new ending for yourself by listing fears or negative behaviors that caused you to fail on your diet in the past, and then making up a new ending for yourself.
So here goes....
- I used to let the stress at work cause me to hit the vending machines, but now I step outside for a minute to get a breath of fresh air to calm me.
- I used to succumb daily to the habit of mindlessly snacking at work, but now I think before I eat and only feed myself when I am hungry.
- I used to skip workouts because I was too busy or too tired but now I make my rest and my exercise a priority always.
- I used to opt for fast food lunches, but now I take the time to stock my house with nutritious things to pack my own lunch everyday.
- I used to drink way too many Diet Cokes each day, but now I keep a big glass of ice water on my desk at all times.
- I used to want to finish each meal with sweets, but now I am satisfied with a piece of fruit or some yogurt.
- I used to go through the drive-throughs often on my way home from work, but now I first remind myself that there are quick and easy things I can eat at home instead.
- I used to eat while working, reading, watching TV, surfing the net, but now I focus only on my food and enjoy what I am eating.


5 comments:
INTERESTING.
Id not seen the book before (just googled) and am curious how you felt when you made the list?
mad at yourself for opportunities lost?
feed knowing you are NOT gonna do 'that' again?
The one I take the most from is focusing on only eating! This has helped me soooo much. I can't believe how many calories I use to mindlessly consume!
The book sounds very interesting - I'm looking forward to following along with you on the 100 days!
Here's the first thing on my list:
I used to eat way too many calories at restaurants, but now I pass on the pre-dinner bread basket and set part of excessively large portions aside before I start to eat.
I was going to email you and see how you liked the book! Like your list! :)
mizfit - How did I feel making the list? Well, I'd say the feeling was one of relief. I often get caught up in my own head and get myself really wound up about things. Taking the time to write this list made me really stop and think, "OK, so what are you doing now that is keeping you from achieving weight loss?" Once I had them identified the relief came from knowing the first step in solving a problem is defining what the problem is!
Ria - Good one! Make that your mantra whenever you go out to eat.
Natalia - I like it so far...but of course am just 2 days in. I am committed to finishing this 100 day program. So many times I start something and don't finish. I am going to finish this!!! How are you doing? Are you still working the book?
Post a Comment