Saturday, July 12, 2008

Weigh in: Oops, no weigh in

Saturday is supposed to be my weigh-in day. I skipped it today because in my sleepy stupor this morning I drank down about 32 oz. of water before remembering it was Saturday and I should be stepping on the scale. Oops! So I decided to skip it because weighing in after that much water would be meaningless. I didn't have the most stellar week so my guess is I stayed about the same.

It was a VERY long week between work and school. My job is cyclical in nature and we are just getting into a busy period which will last about 6 weeks. I am also coming in on the home stretch for the summer semester in school. In the next four weeks, I will have 2 major exams, 1 very large project to complete, 2 smaller group projects to complete, and 2 individual assignments to complete, in addition to just keeping up with the readings and lectures. Ahhhh!!!!!!!!!! I just cannot wait for this to be over. I think I get a couple of weeks off before the fall semester starts.

I get caught up in this stress and overwork and I start neglecting myself. I don't get enough sleep, I don't take time to cook and end up eating crap. It all comes down to time management, I think, so I really need to work on that this upcoming week. I need to make sure I am making best use of my time so I can accomplish everything I need to AND take care of myself as well. I really think if I could just get enough sleep each night that would go a LONG way toward me being able to handle it all.

3 comments:

Natalia said...

Sounds like you have so much going on! Sleep is soooo important. I went through about a month of my 3 yr old waking me every night and some nights I only had 2 -5 hours of sleep. I didn't have energy to do anything let alone plan a healthy meal!! Hang in there!!

Lynn said...

Remember back in middle school and high school there were lectures and commercials on getting enough sleep? Well, there was a reason for that. We can't function without it! Like Natalia I too have had little to no sleep for the past 2.5 years with my little ones. It is so hard to manage daily stresses when we feel so exhausted. Did you know that there is actually a study done that shows that individuals who get enough sleep have a 75% reduction in obesity rate!? CRAZY stuff. So, find some time for naps and hang in there girlie! You have SO much on your plate (no pun intended!) right now. I am sure that you will get through all of this just fine.
http://www.webmd.com/diet/news/20041116/
sleep-more-to-fight-obesity

new*me said...

You do have a busy life girl! Try to make a little time for you somewhere! You deserve it :)