Monday, July 14, 2008

Looking Forward to Exercise

Yep, you read that right. I am actually looking forward to exercise. A few weeks ago I signed up at my city pool for a deep water aerobics class and it is finally starting tomorrow evening. I will be doing it on Tues/Thurs evenings and Saturday mornings. I can't wait! It's just the thing I need to make exercise doable for me.





I have always been a big believer in exercise for weightloss and in my thinner days was extremely fit, thinking nothing of knocking out 60 minutes on the elliptical or going for a 30 mile bike ride. But these days my gravitational pull toward the earth is alot greater than it was then and that makes exercise just plain painful sometimes! So many times I cut my exercise sessions short, not because I am out of breathe, but because something is hurting too much to continue...my back, my calves. Just yesterday, I was out for a walk planning to do 45 minutes but at just 15 minutes out my back just could not take it and I had to turn around. I had to stop several times on that 15 minute trip back to the house and lean on someone's mailbox to take the pressure off my back.


So, yeah, to say my weight has gotten out of control is an understatement. To have gone from "Super Ellipital Girl" to "Can't Take a Walk Without Extreme Pain" in the span of a couple of years is sad. BUT!!!!! I am fixing that now. And I have found an exercise that I will be able to do without pain. I am so excited! Good things to come!!!!

7 comments:

Lynn said...

Deb,
That sounds so awesome! Let me know how it goes. I have always wanted to try something like that.
It's so great that you are trying to find something that will work for you. You're doing great!

Alli said...

I bet you will love that water class! I wish my gym had a pool I would totally take advantage! Best of luck!

The Joye of Teaching said...

This looks like fun. Please post and tell how it goes. Maybe this will be something I could do at my gym that I never go to! I have heard it is fun and works! Good luck:)

new*me said...

I love being in the water. The weightless feeling is amazing :)!!! Before you know it, you will be getting all the workouts in with no problem. It just takes perseverance and a long pep talk with your body!

Anonymous said...

that final sentence?

your success-sentence.

please to visualize the new you as well and you are SO ON YOUR WAY!!

Miz.

Natalia said...

Deb,
Good for you!! Now did I read that right...deep water aerobics? Yikes!! :) I think that you'll like it a lot. The water aerobics class I took had such great resistance, great workout!

Deb said...

Natalia,
Yep, it was deep water...11ft. I loved the feeling of weightlessness while exercising. Check out my 7/15 post for more details.