I hadn't heard the term "super morbid obesity" until we started seeing shows about the "2000 Pound Man" and others like it.
I never would have put myself in the category of super morbidly obese. But according to the chart I found on Wikipedia, that is exactly what I was. Wow.
<18.5 Underweight
18.5 - 24.9 Normal
25.0 - 29.9 Overweight
30.0 - 34.9 Obese
35.0 - 39.9 Severely obese
40.0 - 44.9 Morbidly obese
45.0+ Super morbidly obese
I was SUPER MORBIDLY OBESE. I can't believe I did that to myself. It's shocking, really. But I am changing things. My BMI has dropped from 51.2 to 43.7. So now I am simply morbidly obese. Yay?
Dumping Amazon and living a more deliberate life
10 months ago


5 comments:
lol me too... I cant wait to just be OBESE
I just found your blog. My BMI 35.7: Severely Obese. Nice! To only be in the "overweight" range!
I have a good friend that had wls Oct. 2010. She wasn't even 100 lbs overweight, so I'm not really sure why she even had it done. I think she was around 240lb. max. She's now in her high 120's. It's unbelievable. I cannot believe how tiny she is. And i say tiny, b/c she is SO SMALL!
You are doing great and I'm super excited to see your results! Just wait...you are going to be tiny too. i know you will after seeing the results of my friend.Have you considered taking monthly pictures of yourself to post on here? I know it's probably hard, but trust me, you are going to be skinny and it would be a neat way to document your progress along the way. i know i'd love to see your pictures.
I'm currently 238 lbs. In April I got up to 250. I've been trying to diet and consume 1200-1400 calories/day. it's so hard and I still cheat a lot. i try to exercise, but have been very sporadic at that. This is a very hard battle and it seems I've been fighting it for 20 years now. My husband even suggested lapband surgery but he's in the navy and we move all the time. He's in Afghanistan now and due home in Aug. then we are moving from CA to RI 2 weeks later. We will only be in RI for 12 months. So I figure any wls isn't available for me yet with this little time in any one place. Oh well
GOOD LUCK! You are doing fantastic!
Yay! A whole class down - I'd be doing pirouettes around the kitchen! Well done. :)
Scary, isn't it? I never thought I would WANT to be overweight, but I can't wait! We will get there. Keep up the great work!
Kris
http://simplyflabuloss.blogspot.com/
I remember the first time my doctor told me that term. I felt happy to be super at something? Turns out that was the wrong reaction...
Oh well! Here's to one day being "just fat."
Post a Comment