Saturday, June 25, 2011

Weigh-in: 5.2 down, 148.6 to go

Add caption
Yippy!  Lost 5.2 this week, pushing me over the 50 pound mark.  And that means I am already more than a quarter of a way to my goal.  I love my sleeve and am so glad I did this.

Not only does the sleeve help me control the quantity that I eat, it also has taken away that compulsive feeling of needing to eat all the time.  I've read that with the VSG, they remove the part of the stomach that produces ghrelin.  If you are a Dr Oz fan, you know that is the "hunger hormone". 

I can only speak of my experience but I have noticed a marked change in my drive to eat.  I do get hungry at appropriate intervals and eat when I need to.  But prior to surgery I constantly battled with wanting to eat ALL.THE.TIME.  And now that is gone.  Yes, sometimes when I see something yummy I want it even though I don't need it.  But that constant compulsion to eat is gone.  Hallelujah.

Things I noticed this week:
  • Got my first comment about my weight loss.
  • My size 24 jeans are starting to get too loose.  (I started in a tight size 26).
  • I've started purging my closet of the things that are too large...keeping only one outfit to remember where I came from, and so I can do that famous weightloss pose standing in one leg of your old fat pants.  :)

6 comments:

Amy said...

Good for you! You're doing great. :)

Nel said...

You are AN INSPIRATION !

Anonymous said...

Way to go. I am so excited about your journey to better health.

Debsdailylife said...

My daughter is considering the same surgery. Thank you for your honest posting! Keep up the great work!!

Natalia said...

Awesome!!!!! :)

Cammy@TippyToeDiet said...

Way to go, Deb!