Saturday, June 11, 2011

Weigh-in: 1.5 down, 159.5 to go

Down 1.5 this week.  I'll admit, I was a little disappointed with that.  After two weeks in a row losing 8ish pounds I was getting giddy with those huge numbers.  I did realize that that kind of pace could not possibly continue forever, nonetheless, I was hoping for another whopper of a weigh in.

But I'm pretty much over it now.  For one thing, I know I am retaining some water this week.  My little puffy ankle rolls are back again, although not as big as they were.  The first couple of weeks after surgery it was reallyhard to get all my fluids in so I was probably somewhat dehydrated.  Now that I am able to more easily get my water in, I am sure the scale results reflect the fact that I've replenished some much needed fluid in my body.

I continue to feel really good and feel ready to start adding some exercise to the mix.  Up til now I haven't really felt like it was a good idea.  Mostly because I knew I wasn't drinking quite enough.  It's super hot here in Texas so I guess I will be treadmilling it starting today.  I'm actually looking forward to it.  Haven't felt that way about exercise in I don't know when.

Friday was the 3 week mark since surgery so that means today I get to start eating soft foods.  Yesterday I bought cottage cheese, eggs, and yogurt.  Am very much looking forward to my breakfast of cottage cheese and applesauce!

Things I noticed this week:

  • At the grocery store, I was able to shop with just a hand basket.  Normally I always get a cart even if I am only buying 1 thing because it would give me something to lean on while I walked through the store.
  • A complete stranger stopped me yesterday and said, "You are so pretty.  Your face is classic."  Wow, that took me by suprise, that is for sure.  But I guess after losing 40+ pounds maybe my face is slightly less a big blobby moon. 
  • My belly fat feels squishier.  Used to feel really firm and tight.  I guess that means it's going away.
  • Feeling motivated to exercise for the first time in forever.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You look great..and you have the cutest feet! *i have size 12 wide boats to contend with over here*
Can i ask you this..How do you feel after losing 42 pounds?? Does it make a difference?

Cammy@TippyToeDiet said...

I'm so glad you're seeing such positive and delightful results!

Natalia said...

I hear you, but man, the scale is going down! That. Is. Awesome. I'm so excited for you. You are doing GREAT!!! :)