Yesterday was exactly 4 weeks since surgery. I went into surgery at about 339, after losing 28 on my 4 week liquid protein diet. So that means I have been averaging about a 5 pound/week rate of lose since surgery. Very nice.
Changes I noticed this week:
- I started walking on my treadmill this week and was able to do 45 minutes without my back hurting even once. I felt good enough to really push myself to up in the incline and the speed. To be able to exerise for a decent length of time without pain was wonderful. And I'm looking forward to keeping it up and doing even more!
- I might be paranoid, but I think I may have started losing hair. It happens sometimes with WLS. Some think it happens when you don't get enough protein in and others think it's the shock of surgery that does it. I don't really know. I've been pretty diligent about getting the doctor recommended amount of protein and then some on most days. And I've been taking biotin since prior to surgery. All I know is I am noticed more hair in my hands each morning after I washit. And last night I had to twist my ponytail holder 3 times instead of just 2. Fortunately I started out with alot of hair and I don't think anything is noticeable to anyone else but me. Still, I hope this doesn't keep up too much longer. I'm not really freaking out (yet) because I know it will grow back.


3 comments:
Yay!!!! That is AWESOME!!!!
congrats !
Keep up the good work. I am also on the same goal as you. i just started a blog http://www.slendersplendor.com.
It's very motivating.
Deb, that is very exciting! Glad to hear of the changes you're experiencing (except the hair loss...) Can't wait to read more!
Post a Comment