On New Year's Day I started the year off right by sticking to my eating plan and getting out with my little dog and taking a walk. Ever since moving to my new place I have been meaning to check out the walking/biking trails that run throughout the city. Am I ever glad I did. In my old neighborhood there was nowhere convenient to walk except around boring old suburban neighborhoods. Ho hum. I was always envious of the pretty walks some of you post pictures of. Well it seems I have found a pretty walk of my own.




The trail is long and winding and I am looking forward as my fitness increases to be able to explore more and more of it.






18 comments:
it looks great. no excuse now!
Love the trail. It looks like a lovely place to walk.
Keep up the good work!
So pretty it might not even feel like exercise. Have fun!
Oh that IS a nice trail!! You go girl & puppy!! :)
Gorgeous photos, Deb - I hope you'll continue to post photos so I can explore the trail right along with you!
Deb that walks looks very nice! I'm happy that you have a place to walk and enjoy! Exercise your body and the pretty views can fill your soul! :)
It looks beautiful! What a great place to go!
Wow, what a beautiful trail! Glad you decided to check out your neighborhood - you never know what you'll find!
What a beautiful walk! You definitely have no excuse not to go walking with that as your route!
What a great trail - walking or bike riding would be wonderful on it!
Beautiful and with variety along the path! All systems go!
What a lovely fitness trail! You'll really enjoy that!
Nice...looks like a great place to take some walks...Good luck with all your goals for 2010!
Ah, walking outside when the weather allows it is one of the most relaxing/healthy activities you could do.
That's a beautiful place to walk.
I have a rails to trails about a 25 min drive from my house...i have biked on it about 4 times last summer/fall. not as much as i would like....but it makes me feel amazing. I pretend i'm in another country on an expensive vacation and just savor all the trails sweetness and tranquility.
enjoy that trail of yours!!
That's really pretty. I prefer the outdoors to an indoor workout any day. Can't beat the fresh air and nature. I love it!
Good for you. If I could suggest something...try walking to music or a book on tape. It will make the walk more enjoyable. Also you can make a rule that you can only listen to the book while walking, that way you are more likely to walk everyday.
HELLO OUT THERE, Deb, where are you??
Post a Comment