1. Journal my food every day - done.
2. Stay within my 2,500 calorie/day budget - didn't do it. Succumbed to the pizza that was ordered in while we worked late. No excuse for it either because I had packed my lunch AND dinner anticipating I would be there late. Gotta try harder tomorrow.
3. Exercise in some form 4x - no exercise today. Tomorrow I plan to park in the far parking lot when I go to class. That will get me a 10 minute walk each way.
4. Pack a healthy lunch and snacks - done. Ate my lunch and my snacks. But for dinner, I caved.
5. Hold myself accountable by posting daily how I did - done.
Dumping Amazon and living a more deliberate life
10 months ago


9 comments:
Its okay to cave every once in a while. I certainly did and as a wonderful reader of my blog reminded me, sometimes its good to eat (a little) extra (not a binge) and shake things up so your body doesn't get accustomed to a set amount of calories.
I would definitely give you an A for effort and a B+ for what you accomplished. It's always hardest to get back on track after we fall off, so just giving it your best effort is huge!
All things considered, well done! I generally make my worst decisions when I'm tired.
New day today, and you're on track! That's very good news!
Good for you for setting some goals and holding yourself accountable :)
I haven't read all of your entries on the blog but I wonder how you came up with 2500 calories/day. I know that I could not lose weight eating that many calories in fact my goal range once I am finished losing will be 1800-2200/ day,or a bit more depending how much exercise I am doing (I might be training for an long triathlon). Just a friendly question. I don't want to throw off your whole weight loss concept.
I am always open to new ideas.
Cheers
Betty
Just remember that one bad choice doesn't mean the whole day was a loss! I think the far parking lot sounds like a great idea. If those two ten-minute walks are all you can done while you're really busy, it's a whole lot better than nothing!
It sounds like you did pretty well under the circumstances. Pizza is hard to resist, and it's even harder when "everyone else" is eating it. Good for you for journaling and posting! I haven't been perfect either so far this week, but if we both keep trying I know we'll get back on track this month one way or another.
Posting everyday is a big commitment, but I'm sure it will be really helpful.
Why do they have to make pizza so darn convenient? LOL? I'm curious, you mentioned you blog as a way to hold yourself accountable. Does it seem to help after you have had a not-so-good day, do you feel it helps get you back on track? (I hope that isn't too nosy. I just wondered if it is an approach that has been successful for you.)
Hey Just checking on you! How are you doing? How's Buster?
Post a Comment