
It's amazing how quickly and easily I get off track. I have not been tracking my calories or exercising for more days than I care to admit. Most recently I blame the stress and worry over my dog and being sick myself, but mostly it's due (as usual) to work. I won't go into the work details because I have so many times in the past and I am sick of listening to myself about it. I have a stressful job. That's how it is for now so I have got to learn to deal with it. All it takes is a little prior planning so I have foods with me for lunch and for snacks. Why do I fight that so much? I used to do it all the time as a matter of habit.
Today I came to my senses and started getting my shit back together again. I've journalled my food, walked (if only for 10 minutes...better than nothing), and am within my calorie budget. I meant it when I said I wanted to be halfway to my weight goal by the end of the year and that's not gonna happen by magic.
Because it is so easy for me to push my weightloss goals to the side when the going gets tough, I've got to find a way to stay ON TRACK and to keep my goals at the front of my mind at all times. So, hopefully she won't mind, but I am going to take a page from the blog of Spunky Suzi and set weekly goals for myself. I want to hold myself accountable to the habits that will result in my weightloss success.
So for the upcoming week, my goals are to:
- Journal all my food every day.
- Stay within my 2,500 calorie/day budget.
- Exercise in some form 4x.
- Pack a healthy lunch and snacks to take to work every day this week.
- Hold myself accountable to these goals by posting daily about how I did.
So help me I am NOT going to let 2010 be like 2009!!!!!


11 comments:
I think your goals are really good! I had many years where I let work rule, it took a whole year for me to get work in the right spot in my life--JOB not LIFE!
Hi there... Don't let your job control you life... Holding yourself accountable is the trick... I found that I have to commit full on or it's not worth even trying. The goal is not giving up, just keep going and moving forward... no matter how small the progression is, progress is progress.
These are terrific goals to have. I know you can do it!
Getting off track has happened to EVERYBODY. It happens. The ones who achieve their dreams are the ones who don't let it detail them entirely and who make reasonable goals like yours.
Those are great goals :) I know you'll have a great week!!
Well done on getting your shit together- I knew you'd do it!
I love that photo, Deb . . . it perfectly describes how I've felt these last few weeks!
Great goals . . . definitely the stuff of which weightloss success is made.
You can do it!!!!!!!
Good for you for recognizing what it will take to get back on track! You've got a plan, now you can do it!
Excellent goals and a great way to build yourself some accountability!
I'll be watching! :)
I like the weekly goals - and we can do this even with the work stress. I've always thought it would be so much easier if I just had a wife at home to take care of everything while I was at work!
Have a great week!
Post a Comment