Tuesday, December 2, 2008

I Stopped

Today I am home from work, frantically trying to catch up on lectures for the finance class I am doing this semester (I am pursing my MBA part-time at night). I need to catch up and absorb the information so that I can complete a project that is due this coming Friday. I also have my final exam the following Friday. For now I won't get into the reasons I am so behind and therefore so frantic. But as I sit here trying to cram in a semester's worth of knowledge into a day or two I am stressing out. And so I stopped what I was doing, got the ice cream out of the freezer, got a bowl out of the cupboard.....but then I stopped.






I stopped because I know I just want to eat the ice cream because I am stressed and that for just a few moments I could forget how much I have to do in such a short time. I stopped because I knew eating the ice cream would only make me feel worse physically and mentally. And it certainly would not help me to get my work done any faster. So I just stopped. I rarely ever stop a binge before it starts. But today I did.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I AM SO PROUD OF YOU.

EXCITED FOR YOU (yea, Im shouting :)) big big big victory.

*hugs*

MizFit

LastJourneyDown said...

That is super awesome, because it is so hard to do, as you KNOW! It is a huge step to take and tends to move one outside of oneself,rather than further into the problem. You've already started the path towards stronger resistance, or that's how it's worked for me! Keep it up - you did a magnificent job! Miche

new*me said...

High five! Awesome! SUPER! WOW! YOU GO GIRL!!!!! HAPPY DANCE!

You took control and are stronger for it right now!

Tamzin said...

Good Job!!! :)

Natalia said...

That is so AWESOME! So proud of you! That is a huge victory. :)

Ria said...

Deb, congratulations - that is a fantastic NSV!

The self-knowledge and weightloss tools you've been developing are really starting to work for you - armed with those assets, I know you're going to make this your year. Keep up the good work, and best of luck with your project and exam - your drive is inspiring!