Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Grocery Find: Birdseye Steamfresh Brown Rice


This is my latest grocery store find that has been helping me with quick and easy preparations of healthy meals when I am pressed for time. New from Birdseye is BROWN rice is their Steamfresh packaging. I have seen white rice this way but this is the first time I have found brown rice. These have been a Godsend. Now I can have healthy brown rice in 4 minutes and I don't even have to get a pot dirty! Now THAT is what I call convenient. I have been using these as an easy side dish and I have added the rice to homemade soups and other recipes that call for cooked rice. I'm down to my last package and I definitely plan to buy more!

4 comments:

Donnalouise said...

Ohh....I need to pick some of those up! Thanks for sharing...on yoru blog, obviously not on a plate...hehehehe

Anonymous said...

Interesting! I often use brown rice as a base for turkey chili, so this could definitely come in handy.

Emily Gray Clawson said...

That sounds wonderful. Thanks for the recommendation. I eat rice frequently so this will be great.

I really enjoy your blog. Hang in there!

Natalia said...

Wow that IS a great find! Thanks for sharing it. Oh, and I forgot to mention on my other comment, congratulations on your 100th post!!!! :)