Another loss this week. Small, steady losses. That is the way to go, I guess. I'd be lying if I didn't say I'd like to see a big old 3 or 4 pound drop one of these weeks. But for what I am able to do now, I am just glad to be heading in the right direction no matter how small the movements are.
It was a difficult week, my last week of the semester. I took my final exam yesterday afternoon and I know I did not do as well on it as I could have. That is mostly because I was a really lackadaisical student this semester and could not bring myself to make the efforts I should have so I ended up trying to cram a semester's worth of knowledge into a week of cramming.
I have a month break from school before spring semester starts and I plan to take advantage of it fully by spending my evening doing things I enjoy and that I find relaxing. In January, all hell will break loose again as I will be going 2 classes. Plus my job ramps up like nobody's business from January through May and I will be in for some overtime and stress as well. This happens every year so I need to figure out how to deal with it. Each year, I basically put my life off trying to get through this busy time and that is just BS!!! I can't give up basically 5 months of my life that way!
So balance...I need to figure out how to find balance. I'd be interested in hearing from anyone who also has long work hours or a stressful job. How do you handle it? Because I have not figured out a way yet...other than eating. And that doesn't really solve anything.
Dumping Amazon and living a more deliberate life
10 months ago


7 comments:
Congratulations on the loss . . . 1.3 lbs is not small . . . that's over 5 sticks of butter evicted from your body! Steady losses will definitely get you to your goal - keep up the great work.
Also congratulations on finishing your semester. I am so impressed by the way you manage both a full time job and working on an MBA!
I totally sympathize with your "finding balance" predicament. I practiced corporate securities law at a big Wall Street firm for six years in the early 90s, and the hours and travel schedule were just obscene. I can't say that I ever found a way to balance my personal needs with the demands of the job - while I was working there, everything else took a backseat to my career. In retrospect, I think a tendency towards perfectionism exacerbated the problem - but it's very hard to recognize when something imperfect is good enough.
Nice loss and congrats on finishing your finals. Girl, that is NOT a small loss--1.3 is wonderful, especially for this time of year. You're doing terrific. Keep it up! And hope you have an awesome break from the stress!
~Bethany
I'm with you - 3-5 pounds each week falling off my body would be a great thing. But I am starting to really believe that any loss is a good thing because I am just that much closer to my goal. Slow and steady works.
Hey Deb! You are doing so great I am so happy for your progress!!! :) You are an inspiration to me. :)
I don't work long hours and go to school like you do, but for my busy days with my son, planning is key. I have vowed to carry a cooler in my car that is packed with water, fruits, cut up veggies and healthy sandwiches, yogurt, whatever I can fit in there. Some days we go from the gym to the bank to the park to the library and in the past when I haven't planned for it we end up stopping at McD's because it's fast and easy!
So that might be something for you to consider. Getting your food ready the night before and putting it in a cooler for easy access for your long busy days!
I know you can make it through!! :)
In the meantime ENJOY your break, you soooo deserve it!!!
WOOHOO on the loss!!! That's a great number - and better than what I did this week UGH! As for balance, that's a tough one...I don't have a very stressful job but I did find that once I started moving more, I ate less cause of stress and would end up going for a walk to relieve the tension.
Hey Deb! Just dropping by to wish you a Merry Christmas!!! :) Hope you get to relax a bit.
Dude, 1.3 is NOT small! As you get closer and closer to your goal your definition of a *small* loss will get smaller and smaller too ;) Merry Holidays!!
Post a Comment