Reminding myself why I am doing this and continuing my "160 Things" list.
6. Take a water aerobics class (done, 7/15/08)
Exercise used to be a daily occurence for me. Even when I was overweight (in the 220's) I'd get my 45 minutes on the elliptical in each morning before work. I felt so good then too. I had lots of energy and felt healthy even if I did have a few pounds to lose. Now I have reached a weight where exercise is physically difficult for me and embarrassing to do in public. Ever since an online friend of mine talked about doing water aerobics I have wanted to give it a try. It took me a while to work up the courage to join a local class but now that I have I am thrilled. Finally I am incorporating some regular exercise into my life again.
7. Go horseback riding
I have never ridden a horse before. Ever. I live very near to a horse farm where they do trail rides. Every time I see those horses out in the pasture I wonder what it would be like to ride them. I doubt they'd even let me on a horse at this weight. And I abhor animal cruelty so even if they would let me I wouldn't do it. I have a friend trying to lose alot of weight too. Horse back riding is the thing we said we'd go do together once we get some of our weight off.
8. Wear shorts again.
It's been probably 4 years since I have worn shorts. And the part about this that mades me saddest is that although I have pretty much always been overweight, I was never so overweight that I was embarrassed to wear shorts. In fact, even in the 220's my legs were lean, muscular, and attractive. In gaining so much more weight I feel I have lost the one body part, my legs, that I had never felt ashamed of. Now I am ashamed of them. And I want to get my nice legs back.
9. Get a massage.
On a few occasions, my girlfriends will want to get together for a "spa day" and go have massages. I either choose to opt out or, instead of the massage, get a facial. I just can't imagine letting someone massage this corpulent body. But I would dearly love to experience the relaxation that my friends do. So when I lose enough to feel more comfortable I am getting a massage.
10. Visit New York City.
NYC is a dream destination of mine. I have never been there but I imagine myself out and about in the city. I imagine walking through the museums, seeing shows, riding a bike in Central Park, seeing famous sites like the Statue of Liberty and the Empire State Building, eating at fabulous restaurants, just experiencing all that the city has to offer. I have always said that when I get to 200 I would reward myself with my dream trip to NYC. I am going to do it too!
Dumping Amazon and living a more deliberate life
10 months ago


2 comments:
All really great things. Keep it up!
I would love to do those things too! :)
Post a Comment