- I will be heading out of town this weekend to spend a week with my grandma, who is the one who was diagnosed with cancer. She had surgery last week to remove a portion of her colon because of the cancer and she just got out of the hospital today. While the entire tumor was removed, they did find cancer in the surrounding lymph nodes so she will be starting chemo in some form in the next few weeks. While the doctors are very positive that she will be OK, it is a very scary time for me. I just want to get back home and see her and be with her. I don’t know what I will do if anything happens to her.
- Formerly looming work deadlines have been met....2 days early! Yay!
- Final exam still to come on Friday. With the resolution of some of the other things in my "perfect storm" I feel more confident about having time to get prepared for it.
- Semester long project straight from the pits of hell has been completed and turned in with a couple of days to spare.
- Sinus infection/ear infection cleared up and I am feeling fine again. What did we do before antibiotics? Oh yeah, we died at young ages. Hurrah for amoxicillin!!!
Wednesday, August 6, 2008
Perfect Storm update
The latest news on what I called "the perfect storm" last week. The storm is blowing over somewhat. The most serious things are still to come though.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Wishing your grandma all the best. Wnjoy your visit with her.
Congrats on getting all that work done...seems like an awful lot to do, you busy bee.
Hey Deb, I'm so sorry to hear about your grandma. I hope that you have a great visit with her.
Take care!
{{{{Hugs}}}}
Post a Comment