Saturday, September 24, 2011

Weigh-in: 2.3 down, 123.4 to go

Woohoo!  Good loss this week and into a new "decade" on the scale.  I ended up not doing the 5 Day Pouch Test as I had planned.  I couldn't get it together this week for some reason.  First day I went to work with my protein powder, but no shaker or milk.  My head just wasn't in the game, clearly.

We upped the intensity of my workouts at Fitness Together so that may have had something to do with the little jumpstart I had on the scale this week.  The two trainers I work with there seem pretty excited about my trip to the BL Resort.  Not as excited as I am though! 

I cannot believe I am leaving for Utah tomorrow morning.  I will be at the BL Resort by mid afternoon.  I don't think they make you workout the first day.  The program starts with dinner that night and I think they just do a class or some sort of orientation type thing.  Then Monday morning will be my first hike plus several more hours of exercise classes.  Can I do it???  I can't wait to find out.

I am so paranoid about getting blisters on my feet.  I've read that's the most common injury.  And it can really sideline you.  I've bought some really good, double layer, sweat-wicking socks and am bringing duct tape and Body Glide with me.  I've read you can tape hot spots with the duct tape and it can prevent a blister.  I don't want anything happening that will keep me from fully participating in anything. 

I plan to be blogging daily while I am there unless I have technical issues.  Or can't move a single bone in my body to type.  :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is great planning. What a smart thing to look into. I am very excited for you and proud of how far you've come along.

Nic

Fatoutofskinny said...

Congrats on being a "big loser" this week. Good luck at camp. Moleskin will work better than duct tape! You can get it in walmart in the foot care section.

B.H said...

Body Glide is amazing. You will feel a little gooy afterwards, but if this will be extreme for you lather yourself up baby! MAke sur eto get under your arms where your sports bra will be, underyour sports bra area, around your waist at your pants, and inbetween your thighs, even if working out in tight workout pants, but exp if working out in loose pants or shorts.

It is not wether you can do it! It is a matter of doing it. I am sure your excitment will fade when you start working out and you will wonder "what am I doing here" but after a few days you are goinging to say "OMG I am doing this! I am really doing this!" and when you leave you will know you kids some A! Rock it out girl!