Here I am again. I started this blog nearly 3 years ago. I was around 315 then. Now I'm sitting at 355ish. I've gained 40 pounds. Well, actually more, because I had jumped up to 367 during these past couple of months of no posting. So I guess at one point I was 52 pounds higher than when I started this blog.
Cleary what I've been doing hasn't been working for me and it's time to take it in a new direction. This will come from out of the blue to anyone who might still be reading this blog. But it's not. I've thought long and hard and I've done my research and I've made the decision to have weight loss surgery.
In all my years of struggling with weight, never did I think I would be someone who had WLS. Not because I judged it or the people who decided to have it. Mostly because the very idea of it scared the bejeezus out of me. And because it just seemed like I should be able to do it on my own.
And maybe I should be able to do it on my own. Plenty of others have. But, based on result, I can't. Not in any sustained way anyway. So I am getting help. I want my life back. I want to be active, healthy, and attractive. I want to go places, meet people, do things. I am 41 years old. If not now, when? I do not deserve to live my life imprisoned in my fat and in my head. I want out of this body.
To that end, I am scheduled to have Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy with Dr. David Kim on May 20.
Dumping Amazon and living a more deliberate life
10 months ago


7 comments:
Good luck with your surgery and recovery. I'll be following your blog for updates along the way.
Never turn away help! WLS is a great tool. Looking forward to reading all about it!
Oh Deb, I'm sorry you're having to take such a drastic step! I know, though, that it's not a decision you're making without a lot of thought and consideration. Know that I'm thinking of you and wishing you great success!
Good luck, I have been on the weight roller coster also.
Deb, I'm so happy to see your post! I've been thinking a lot about you. I know that you have put a lot of thought into this decision and you are absolutely doing what is best for you. I'm here cheering you on!!
Hugs!!!!
Best of luck with the procedure, Deb.
Glad to see you are getting the sleeve! I absolutely would never go back. Get ready for the next year sweetheart, because by this time next year, you are going to be doing things you might have given up for good!! I LOVE my life right now warts and all.
If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to contact me at immilvr@gmail.com :)
Post a Comment