This is really getting real now. I had my pre-op appointment at the hospital yesterday. They drew blood twice which I hated. Serious needle phobia here. Other than getting jabbed twice, the appointment was basic. A nurse went over how I should prepare for surgery and what to expect when I got to the hospital. They also did chest xrays although I'm not entirely certain why. I guess I should have asked.
My surgery is at 12:30 this coming Friday. I have to be at the hospital two hours ahead of time to get prepped and get an IV started. Eek...more needles. I'm such a baby. The surgery will take 45 minutes to an hour and then I'll be in recovery. Most folks getting the gastric sleeve only have to spend one night in the hospital.
I have yet to talk to a person who had this surgery and regretted it. I am so looking forward to the positive changes in my health and life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
yay! So excited for you. I love your new picture. :)
I'm getting ready to do this too. Haven't had the liver cleansing yet but have had all the blood work, etc. I have purchased the protein mix as well.
Good luck! I'll be watching you.
I hope the surgery is successful. Good luck!! :)
Post a Comment