Saturday, January 15, 2011

Weigh in: 2.5 lost, 182.3 to go

Woohoo!  I'm down 2.5 this week and just shy of 10 pounds total lost.  Definitely on track to lose 100 pounds this year.

Those old, familiar challenges started creeping into my life this week.  I only tracked my points 2 days this week and exercised just once.  On the days I didn't track my points, I tried to make good choices and stay aware of what I was eating.  I think at 350+ pounds, I was really working hard to maintain that weight...bingeing and generally making atrocious choices.  So I guess even though I was not the perfect Weight Watcher this week in terms of tracking, just containing the bingeing and making healthier choices is enough to give me some scale results.

That is not to say this is a habit I want to get into.  But I'm also not going to beat myself up because I am not tracking my food perfectly.  I try to constantly remind myself I am slowly changing my habits.  I can't go from a food free-for-all to the perfect Weight Watcher over night.  Habits take time to change and as long as I stay aware of what I am doing, keep making the effort to improve, and forgive myself for not being perfect, I will get where I am going.

I didn't stick to my 50 hour/week work maximum this week.  In fact, I am heading into the office today. It's just a busy time of year for accountants.  And I'm still techinically understaffed with 3 open positions we are working on filling.  And only 1 of my current 5 employees has more than a year of tenure with the company.  Everyone is brand-spanking new.  So it's going to take time to get everyone in place and trained but once I do, it will be easy to stick with my 50 hour rule.

So just like the weightloss habits, my work situation will be something that won't necessarily change perfectly overnight.  Just like the weightloss habits, I need to remain aware of what I am doing, monitor my hours, make sure I am delegating as much as I can, and, so help me God, honor my Sunday Fundays every single week.  I might need to put in more than 50 hours sometimes while we continue to work toward full staffing and training, but I am drawing the line with giving up Sunday Funday.

10 comments:

Cammy@TippyToeDiet said...

I do/don't miss working in accounting this time of year. I liked the challenge of all the deadlines and the work, but I didn't like the idiotic meetings and projects that interfered.

Good for you for making progress this week! I'm not sure perfection is ever attainable, but as long as we recognize when we're off track and take steps to get back on, we're in good shape!

Natalia said...

Yeah! :) Way to go!

Michele @ Healthy Cultivations said...

Congratulations on your progress. You're very correct that positive changes don't come overnight. For that matter, negative changes don't come on overnight either. I think that's why it sometimes takes us a long time realize changes are needed.

Have a good week!

Monique said...

Good Job! I just found your blog! Can't wait to watch you on your journey! Good luck!

The Merry said...

Congratulations on your progress! Good job!

Patsy said...

Good loss, even if you weren't tracking your points all week.

A Healthier Plate said...

I gave you an award! Check out my blog.

Shelley said...

Onward and downward - you are DOING it!!! Congrats on the 2.5 - sounds like you've had a few challenges this week but you powered through them!

Hope you are having a great Sunday Funday. :)

Joy said...

Awesome job losing 2.5lbs. That's an awesome accomplishment. I completely agree with you about taking it slow. That's the approach I'm taking this time and it's working out so much better for me. Keep up the good work.

Ex Yo-Yo Dieter Debbie said...

You're very smart to make gradual changes and to not expect perfection - it is what will get you to where you want to go!!!

The more you see yourself get a little off track and then make the correction to do a little better...isn't that what you'll want to be doing when you are your goal weight, too? The more you can make your weight loss journey look like something you'll do when you are maintaining your loss, the more successful you'll be at keeping every one of those lost pounds permanently gone.