The original title of this post was going to be "2010 Sucked Ass And Here's Why". That is, until I went back through all my postings in 2010 and re-read my 2009 Year in Review posts which made me realize that while 2010 was by no means a stellar weight loss year, my 2010 posts weren't nearly as tragic sounding as they were in 2009. So I decided to ditch the overly dramatic post title.
I don't really want to rehash all the same BS I've been whining about for approximately 2.5 years on this blog (you're welcome). Clearly it boils down to the simple fact that I have been giving every ounce of myself (and that's alot of ounces....approximately 5,600 if I did the math right) to work to the exclusion of all else. It makes me miserable and it ruins all other aspects of my life, including my health. I think I summed it up in my 2009 year in review posts best (Part I and Part II). I can't let that happen again in 2011. I'm not going to. No way, Jose.
I'm also not going to rehash the details of the goals I didn't meet in 2010. Pretty much same song, different verse, so I am moving on.
I do have goals for 2011. I'd say I have two big ones and a whole bunch of little ones.....but I'll save those for their own post.



7 comments:
I for one now exactly what you're talking about. I gave everything for my work and am now in serious trouble as far as my health is concerned. This year I'm reclaiming my life. See you there!
I'm so sorry to read that you aren't happy in your job... I can hear how frustrating and life-draining that is for you. It affects every area of your life when you aren't happy doing what you must do most of your waking hours.
I wish you a new year of improvements in every area.
So glad to see you back! You are one of my favorite weight-loss bloggers, mostly because I could relate to you so much, and I was sad to see that you'd stopped blogging. But you're back and that's wonderful. A new year, a new look for the blog, a new determination- we can do it! It's never too late!
Aw, Stacie. What a sweet comment. Do you have a blog?
I like your attitude and look forward to hearing about your new goals. :)
Deb, Nice to see you on here again. I'm glad you're well since when people disappear I worry about them! You more than anyone else know that it's not just food, it's a whole life that causes the problem that shows itself as weight. Deal with the other problems - the stress, the job, the things you're frightened of - and I would imagine the symptom of all that will improve too.
Glad you're back!
Yep, you've got to take care of YOU first! Can't wait to see your goals for 2011, so I can cheer you on!
Post a Comment