I am happy to report I am down 1.7 pounds this week, 7.4 pounds total so far. I wasn't sure how this week would go, it being the first one back to work after the holidays and all. I ended up tracking my food and doing some form of exercise 4 out of 7 days. On the days I didn't track my food, I ate reasonably. At work we have moved into a new building over the holidays. I am going to like it because it's going to help me stay on track with my goals this year. First of all, we have a wonderful new cafe/lunchroom at our disposal. We had one at our old building too but the offerings were generally not very healthy. This new cafe is amazing. It's got several different food stations from made to order salads and sandwiches to pastas to a grill where they can grill you up whatever you want...chicken, tilapia, etc. There are also lots of veggies, fresh fruit, and yogurt. Now, there are some temptations too....desserts and a daily sundae bar. But having all the good healthy food available for lunch will save me some time from having to plan and pack a lunch everyday. I am tickled pink.
Another thing is that we are actually in a new campus of buildings. So that means lots more walking throughout the day to get to meetings, etc. Also, the parking garage is a lot longer walk to the building than it was at our old building. Most folks are grumbling about this, but I am looking at it as an opportunity to rack up some extra exercise minutes incidentally throughout the day.
Other good things from the week is that I stuck to my guns about tracking my work hours and logged about 50. I am not working this weekend. At all. I tried out two new recipes this week. One I got off the Weight Watchers website and it was just so-so so not going to post about it. The other was a black bean and quinoa salad I found on Healthy Cultivations. It was muy delicioso. Good both warm and cold. So yeah...the new leaf is turning.
My plans for today are to call the Biggest Loser Resort and check availability during the time I would like to go, head to the campus bookstore and buy my books for the FINAL class of my degree plan, grocery store to stock up on what I need this week, come home and prepare for the first class of my final semester which is on Monday, clean up around the house a little and make a little more progress on my goal of decluttering and organizing.
Tomorrow will be my first official "Sunday Funday" of the year. Taking one day of each week completely for myself and things I want to, rather that need to, do is one of my 2011 goals. Not completely sure what will be on tap for Sunday Funday but I am thinking a walk outside with my poochie, a movie, and a trip to Macy's to find a new cute bag. (I love purses).
Onward and downward!


4 comments:
So glad you liked my black bean and quinoa salad. I think I'm going to make it again next weekend. I LOVED it and took it to work for lunch twice this past week.
Congratulations on your results this week. Baby steps of progress is what this is about. I wanted to tell you I admire your bravery and courage for posting photos of your feet and the scale. It's one thing to report losses (I'm going to start that next weekend), and it's a completely different level to show the photo.
Again, congrats on a good week.
Awesome week, Deb! Having a healthy cafeteria for lunch makes all the difference in the world.
I want to stand up and applaud you for putting forth all of the things you need to do in order to make 2011 successful - great job!!!
I love taking Photos of myself weighing myself, Sadly My toes look fugly right now so No pics for this weigh in Lol. It was a hard week for me though No solids, But the end results sure are good! great work staying motivated, I think I need a Sunday Funday, too bad I work tommorow lol have a great day tommorow
Post a Comment