Monday, January 10, 2011

Sunday Funday #1 is in the Books

I don't know if it was so much a "funday" as it was a lazy day.  Either way I enjoyed the heck out of it.

First I slept in.  It was kind of rainy early on in the morning then it turned to big fluffy snow flakes.  Pretty!  And a good morning to snooze and catch a few extra Z's. 

Then read some blogs, read a book, went to a movie ("The King's Speech".....Colin Firth dreamy as ever....not to mention his exceptional performance), went shopping and bought myself a snazzy new purse.

Then home to watch my Sunday evening guilty pleasures, Desperate Housewives and Brothers & Sisters.

Not the most exciting Sunday Funday but it was restful.  I will admit by the end of the day I was getting a little antsy to DO something.  So I need to plan some slightly more active Sunday Fundays going forward.

My day of R&R must have paid off.  More than one person at the office commented on how "rested" and "fresh" I looked.  I think they are just used to me looking raggedy and worn out.

4 comments:

Cammy@TippyToeDiet said...

I had an insightful comment ready, but then I started thinking about Colin Firth in Pride & Prejudice and all rational thought went bye-bye. *drool*

I'm glad you had such a wonderful FunDay! Clearly, you needed it!

Michele @ Healthy Cultivations said...

It's incredible what feeling rested can do for us. That's part of why I make sleep one of my top priorities. I know that when I sleep well, everything else goes better.

Shelley said...

Sounds like a perfect day! And oooh, Colin Firth! That movie is finally coming to our town this weekend - I must go see him...er, it!

Natalia said...

I'm sorry was anything written after Colin Firth? I think you may have a problem with your blog because all I read was blah, blah, blah! ;)

Good for you sleeping in and having a lazy day! Those are important!