I am a bitter person.
But I don't want to be.
Lately I have been thinking back over my past and I know I have not always been this way. I used to be happy, positive, always laughing, optimistic, encouraging. I was kind to those around me. I sought out the person who felt excluded and made them feel welcome.
Now I am crabby, negative, pessimistic, critical, complaining, cynical. If I don't like someone, I make sure they know it. I am not particularly kind.
How did this happen to me? I want my old self back. I want to be kind. I don't want to be a sunshiney Pollyanna, but I want to be generally optimistic and positive.
So I have to change my negative thinking. I have to work my way back to my former self. Each day I challenge myself to list at least 3 positive things about the day. I don't want to be a bitter person anymore.
Wednesday, June 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Deb,
I feel exactly the same way. I often wonder what happened to my care free, positive ways. I could have written that post!
Good luck with trying to stay more positive. I think if we can get a grip on our negativity, we could look forward to being healthier, sooner.
Post a Comment