I'm down another 1.6 pounds today, which happens to be my 3 month surgi-versary date. I'm just shy of 70 pounds lost. I lost 28 of those on my pre-op liquid diet, so 42 lost since surgery. That's 13 pounds per month on average post surgery. (Are you impressed with my math skills yet?)
I'm thrilled with my overall results and look and feel alot better than I did when I started, and yet, I'm a little disappointed with 13 per month. I'm greedy. And impatient.
I could be losing faster if I'd follow the sleeve rules and exercising more consistently. That's all up to me. A smaller stomach doesn't necessarily make me put the right things in it. And I still succumb to stress eating at work. Working on it. Improving. But not all the way there yet.
I'm doing much better in the exercise department than I ever was before, having worked myself up to 45 minutes on the treadmill this week. Right now I am doing that 2 - 3 times a week and I'd like to get to where I am exercising 6 days per week. I've been playing phone tag with the folks from Fitness Together. I want to check them out and see if it would be a good fit to help me get a more formal exercise plan in place. I notice my arms and legs getting smaller but they don't have the firmness they once had. I want muscles!
Things I noticed this week:
- Compliments galore. Seriously, all week long different people were saying nice things. And not necessarily just "you lost weight." Lots are just saying "you look good" and one especially appreciated "aren't you lovely today." Then there was one guy who said what I am sure he thought was a nice thing but really kind of stung a little. "Whoa, Deb, what have you lost? Like a thousand pounds?" He meant well I suppose.
- I'm paying more attention to my appearance. I've been buying new jewelry to wear. It's been YEARS since I made the effort to consistenly wear earrings every day. I am loving playing with makeup again and spend more time on my hair. And I'm liking what I am seeing in the mirror a whole lot more than I used to.



1 comment:
Amazing, Deb! You're on a roll!
The thing with losing more slowly and with the less-than-stellar eating is that you're learning how to live this life for the long term. I'm way impressed!
And if you're able to connect with the FT people and get some strength training worked in there, you're going to be amazed at the results you see--not so much on the scale as in your shape and the fit of your clothes!
Post a Comment