As horribly unflattering as it is, I just wanted to share this picture from the Race for The Cure this past weekend. I am standing next to my pal who finished her treatments and surgery recently. Also, hot firemen.
Man, I am really big.

Losing the weight and gaining a life....
13 comments:
love me some hot firemen
Don't be so hard on yourself. Those negative comments you make towards yourself will only deter you from what you want to do.
Get back out there and go to those meetings. Go for a walk outside. Get out of the house. Take it day by day. Don't look at your long term goal, you might get overwhelmed.
But look at the small things you can accomplish and feel proud about those. Once you start making small progress, it should give you incentive to feel like you want to do more.
And you can!
Keep at it.
I agree. Give yourself some credit. As challenging as it was, you walked an entire 5K. There are people half your size that couldn't or wouldn't do it. Just remember, the reason you did it was FAR more important than how you look in a picture. GREAT JOB!! Keep it up, just take it one thing at a time.
wow. DOMINIQUE said fantastically what I was thinking as well.
I know it is a journey but perhaps for TODAY just change your internal monologue/mantra to a positive one.
I AM ON MY WAY. I AM DOING THIS!!!
law of attraction. positive thoughts beget positive action and success begets success.
xo xo
MizFit
I'm sorry, there were other people in that picture BESIDES firemen??? ::drools::
No, seriously - it's a start. And what a great place to be starting at - a 5K! One of these days, and sooner than you think, you will run a 5K. Go look at my old pictures...that person NEVER thought she would be running, and yet, you lose weight and strange things happen!
Hope you are having a great week, Deb!
Yes, keep your accomplishments in mind, your goals and try to move past the big part. I know its hard, I know its the first thing you see when you see pictures of yourself (I cannot stand having my picture taken because of my weight, so I know how you feel), but just remember you are becoming a healthier and stronger person. Congrats on your 5K!! A wonderful milestone to have under your belt, keep it up!
Believe me some people wish they could participate and complete in a 5k. You did great, and you look great!
I'm gonna tell you what someone told me when I was complaining of coming in dead last my 2 5K's that I did. At least you were there. At least you did it. Think of those who aren't, who can't... I try to fill my head with that.. :)
Firemen are hot- especially yours! :)
I have yet to run, walk, or crawl a 5k, so pardon me if I think you look fantastic! Glow-y even. And you have a cutie-pie fireman's arm around you. :)
Look at this picture with pride. Look and talk to yourself with kindness, because you deserve it!
A picture of myself is what set me on the path to real change - I criticized myself in that pic to the point of change. You, my dear, are already ON the path to change.
No, don't be too hard on yourself, but that the same time you DO have to be honest with yourself. That is how change comes. :)
Good for you for posing for and posting this pic. I totally get it. :) That's why I hardly have any pics of me with my son, how sad is that!
You have a fabulous smile and smoking legs! That's what I see! Congrats on the 5K. I haven't managed to get the guts to sign up for one yet.
Post a Comment