
I roasted veggies for the first time Sunday night. Oh my God. So simple. And SOOOO tasty. And even better reheated tonight for dinner. This is going to become a Sunday night staple for me and I plan to make an even bigger batch to keep me in veggies for all my meals throughout the week.
This mixture includes red potatoes, red bell peppers, onions, and zuchini. I seasoned it with salt, pepper, cumin, and chili pepper. Very yummy. And I'm anxious to try other combinations.
Anyone care to share their favorite roasted veggie combos?


9 comments:
asparagus and mushrooms...bell peppers and onion...and squash and zucchini...
Sweet potatoes are a good addition to the mix. I sometimes add half a lemon, sliced, and a couple of bay leaves (remove before eating). The lemon really lifts the flavour...
and I still havent done it yet.
:)
I've got to try this. Looks delish! Thanks for sharing
K.
My blog: www.it-is-time.com
I've only tried roasting cauliflower, and it didn't turn out that good (I think I didn't roast it long enough) - you sure make those veggies look great!
My absolute favorite combination is to cut up fresh green beans, mushrooms, and garlic and then season with salt, pepper, mixed crushed peppercorns, white pepper (the variety of types of pepper really adds depth to the flavor), and celery salt (easy on the salt varieties) and roast it in some olive oil. This is a perfect side to store for a few days after cooking because the flavor intensifies.
Grilled veggies are delicious, and glad to see you discovered that for yourself!
Now I'm hungry though ...
OMG that looks so good! I'm going to have to try it!
Roasted veggies rock!
I love roasted brussel sprouts.
One of my favorite fall things are roasted sweet potatoes, carrots, and broccoli.
Post a Comment